Chrysler dropping Jeep? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > Chrysler dropping Jeep?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #16
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCSportTruck View Post
They turned that sweet looking Liberty into a dodge NITRO yuck . . .they should of left well enough alone !

Mike
I saw afew brand new Liberties at the factory on Friday that I wouldn't mind driving off in. They have a new "buzz" model that looked pretty freaking cool. I know on the JK side it's called Mountain. I forget what it will be called on the Liberty side.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
Brydagr8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

IMO Fiat bought Chrysler mainly so they could sell Jeeps in Europe.
Brydagr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CaM]Spoon View Post
Liberty got changed for the worse every time they redesign it.
I own a Jeep Liberty 2002 which is the first year and I still think its the best looking one. Always had jeeps in my family. Had a Cherokee growing up then got Liberty which I split with family as I just got my licence Then I got two Jeep Yjs after that. Planning to get a 2011 JK if they put a new engine in it and BRING BACK JEEP GREEN OR SUNBURST ORANGE COLOURS!!!

All the jeep vehicles look way to similar so it is time to get rid of them. Frankly compass, commander and patriot are so useless. Jeep really needs to make a pickup model.
I am too much a Jeep fan. To be honest, I do not consider the Compass, the Patriot or the Liberty a "Jeep" vehicle. But then again, I can imagine what the die hard CJ and FSJ crowd thought when the Cherokee XJ came out in late 1983. At least the Eagle was still considered an AMC product. Even though the XJ was an AMC product, but it had the "Jeep" name on it.
I may have to take one of the above mentioned "Jeep" vehicles for a test drive and see if they meet up to my Jeep standards.

And yes, I totally agree that Jeep needs to bring out the concept Gladiator as a production vehicle. I would sell my house, my kids...(well the house anyway) to get one of those.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #19
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmons View Post
I am too much a Jeep fan. To be honest, I do not consider the Compass, the Patriot or the Liberty a "Jeep" vehicle. But then again, I can imagine what the die hard CJ and FSJ crowd thought when the Cherokee XJ came out in late 1983. At least the Eagle was still considered an AMC product. Even though the XJ was an AMC product, but it had the "Jeep" name on it.
I may have to take one of the above mentioned "Jeep" vehicles for a test drive and see if they meet up to my Jeep standards.

And yes, I totally agree that Jeep needs to bring out the concept Gladiator as a production vehicle. I would sell my house, my kids...(well the house anyway) to get one of those.
Personally Chrysler should dump all but the Wrangler, Liberty, and Grand Cherokee. But they also need a stripped down entry level Wrangler for those that can't afford a fully loaded Wrangler or want something they can start modding out of the box.

I also agree that there needs to be some form of truck option. Even if it's a short bed offering.

Unread 07-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #20
bluefever

I just posted a comment on another board in here of an e-mail I sent to chrysler,personally i think they should drop everything but the wrangler and start over,personally.
bluefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #21
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

bluefever, Sorry about your feelings about Jeep but don't let that cloud your judgement about the overall products. Granted there have been some product decisions regarding Patriot, Liberty and Compass that have not been good but those have been business and market driven decisions by other than the true Jeep guys still at Chrysler. Jeep has never been short on ideas and concept vehicles that are true 4 wheel wonders yet many of those vehicles don't make it to volume production. Your disdain of the 3.8L engine in the Wrangler has been shared by many and the next generation Phoenix V6 will be a big improvement. Having been involved in Jeep manufacturing for many years, I have seen an evolution of the product but rest assured the Wrangler is still a very capable off-road machine in stock form and has untapped capability for modification and upgrades to meet anyones needs. Personally, I miss the inline 4.0L six and the XJ Cherokee and that is why I added one to my Jeep collection. If there is a specific model that you like, latch on to it and enjoy it. No need to run down the entire company and their products.

Last edited by jerryjeeper; 07-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown67 View Post
maybe the old AMC guys saved enough aluminum cans to buy it back.
If dreams always came true...

that would be AMAZING to get rid of these damn Chrysler guys who IMHO have disgraced the Jeep name. not saying every Jeep with a star on it is bad, but since Daimler bought Chrysler they have gone down the tube, uglier and crappier as the years passed. first mistake they made was discontinuing the XJ. and 4 door wranglers??? seriously??? and the compass? what were they thinking?
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #23
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Really, I believe that Jeep needs to get back to basics. I don't mind all the flavors of the wrangler. But thin the heard. Keep the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and *maybe* the Liberty. Dump the rest of the line.

Then produce a stripped down wrangler with beefy axle's and a factory lift for cheap. Throw the Jeep faithful that have been here all along a bone.

Unread 07-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
aerojeeptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
I read Jeep is dropping all models except Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. Chrysler dropping all models except 300 and Town and Country. Dodge dropping all except RAM trucks, Challenger, Charger, and Voyager.
Voyager?!? Wait, what year are we in???

I'm jk'ing with ya
Unread 07-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #25
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Voyager?!? Wait, what year are we in???

I'm jk'ing with ya
HA jk'ing...JK...

get it?
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #26
aerojeeptj

haha yep!
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #27
Buttercup
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Personally Chrysler should dump all but the Wrangler, Liberty, and Grand Cherokee. But they also need a stripped down entry level Wrangler for those that can't afford a fully loaded Wrangler or want something they can start modding out of the box.

I also agree that there needs to be some form of truck option. Even if it's a short bed offering.
I agree too and have said this on other postings. IF Jeep is to continue there must be some sort of stripped down entry level Wrangler for about $15k MAX for all the true enthusiasts like this forum. It would be nice to have a truck option too. Liberty was only good the very first year. Unfortunately for me I had a 2002 that was a lemon then traded in for a 2005 Liberty that was also a lemon. Never again with a Liberty. Rag top is the only improvement.
Jeep needs to focus and truly listen to their customer base. Or maybe we are not their best customers?
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
CarolinaPoetic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

they need to make a cherokee edition liberty with a solid front axle
Unread 07-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #29
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I agree too and have said this on other postings. IF Jeep is to continue there must be some sort of stripped down entry level Wrangler for about $15k MAX for all the true enthusiasts like this forum. It would be nice to have a truck option too. Liberty was only good the very first year. Unfortunately for me I had a 2002 that was a lemon then traded in for a 2005 Liberty that was also a lemon. Never again with a Liberty. Rag top is the only improvement.
Jeep needs to focus and truly listen to their customer base. Or maybe we are not their best customers?
The problem is that most of us (jeepers) don't buy new Jeeps, and are DIY'ers. Jeep doesn't make any money of us from buying used Jeeps and not paying for service or dealership parts.

For that reason, we don't have much of a voice that would get Jeep's attention.

Unread 07-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #30
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjBryce View Post
They will never drop Jeep as a brand. Especially the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee. Its the only brand/models that they have that have such a established base. If the want to drop anything with Jeep, the should start dropping some 4.2 ltr V6 cummings into them.
X2 Give us a DIESEL!

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.