For all 80's kids and GenXers still clinging to our childhood: - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > For all 80's kids and GenXers still clinging to our childhood:

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-17-2011, 02:11 AM   #16
markso125
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
Funny I didn't catch the bias in the first one. Guess the shameless plugs didn't work for me. I was just enjoying the movie.

Rollbar is bad for sure. Not sure what the stinger thing is in the back ... maybe it holds a spoiler when he really wants to go fast??
Yeah GM put a good chunk of money to those films before they declared bankruptcy. Think of what the vehicles would be if Chrytsler or Ford had put the money into the film instead of GM, Bumble bee would have been a Mustang or a Challenger. And instead of ironhide being a topkick he would have been a F550 or a Sterling.

I did think it was hilarious in the first one when they were looking at buying the cars. And the yellow camaro was parked next to a yellow volkswagon beetle which is what bumble bee actually was in the cartoons.

markso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
BadAsh74
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markso125 View Post
isnt that what I said? all the evil cars were made by other brands. Look at the cars in the second one were there any good cars that were not GM products? Well other then Optimus Prime but he is a mid 80s peterbuilt they made the truck so generic to not have to pay royalties you cant even tell what year it is anymore.
Sorta...but you're a little off. In the new film, there is a Benz and a Ferrari on the autobots side.
BadAsh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
BadAsh74
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
Funny I didn't catch the bias in the first one. Guess the shameless plugs didn't work for me. I was just enjoying the movie.

Rollbar is bad for sure. Not sure what the stinger thing is in the back ... maybe it holds a spoiler when he really wants to go fast??
Actually it has a slide out minigun platform. The placement is kinda wierd, and ruins the look of the Jeep but its still pretty badass.
Unread 02-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #19
BadAsh74
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markso125 View Post
Yeah GM put a good chunk of money to those films before they declared bankruptcy. Think of what the vehicles would be if Chrytsler or Ford had put the money into the film instead of GM, Bumble bee would have been a Mustang or a Challenger. And instead of ironhide being a topkick he would have been a F550 or a Sterling.

I did think it was hilarious in the first one when they were looking at buying the cars. And the yellow camaro was parked next to a yellow volkswagon beetle which is what bumble bee actually was in the cartoons.
Although I more or less hate GM and most of their products I gotta say it was a genius move on their part. Guarantee theyre selling a LOT more Camaros because of the Bumblebee thing. The same would have happened for the mustang or challenger had either of them been used. I personally thought that the Camaro was a poor choice of car, the Cobalt SS would be a little more in line with BB's character. The camaro could have been Hot Rod or Jazz instead.

And yeah, if only there were more makes in these fims. I havent seen a single Mopar in any of them. Brawn was a Jeep, so an AEV Brute wouldve been perfect. Ironhide as a Ram Mega cab would have been rad, and Sunstreaker/Sideswipe could have been Vipers.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.