4 door JK ramblings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 4 door JK ramblings

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 09-21-2006, 05:45 AM   #1
MISTERD

4 door JK ramblings

I spent the weekend test driving and wheeling and dealing for a new JK 4 door Wrangler. I believe Jeep has hit a home run with this vehicle. The increase in wheel base and width is an asset, with a noticeable improvement in the handling, stability (on pavement), as well as leg room. The JK is far from a luxury SUV. Looking like an iron pumping Wrangler on steroids, it has the same untamed mannerism as it’s predecessor, with just enough creature comforts. I’m not sure how well it will perform off road since the salespeople had reservations in letting me test drive it off the pavement. We will have to wait for the reviews. The new V6 has adequate power with both the automatic and manual (my preference) transmissions. I can see a small V8 in it’s future. Hemi? Not without a shoe horn. The easy removable 4 doors (power windows with the new plug-in system) is a plus when entering or exiting the rear seat. You can comfortably fit four, maybe five passengers with a weekend of camping equipment or small luggage for a long trip. I think I would stick with four passengers for a long haul.
Though reasonably priced, don’t look for any bargains. Unfortunately the demand is currently higher than the supply so dealers are not giving much of a discount off the vehicle. For now I’ll sit fat and enjoy my 04 Sahara and wait for the dealerships to load up their inventory. Then maybe there may be a little more wiggle room in the price.

MISTERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #2
speedstream

I saw one and only one in my area, Chicago, but didn't drive as it was late etc.

Can't wait to test drive one.
speedstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
lanedeesie

i was just lookin at it on the jeep website, and notes a discrepancy. the rubicon edition is listed as having BFGoodrich MTRs. anyone else spot this?
lanedeesie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.