2016 wrangler may lose solid axles - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2016 wrangler may lose solid axles

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #46
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66

We're talking North America here, and if the SOB fails here it wont matter what they call it in Uruguay.
Do you realize what a global economy is? Do you realize some vehicles are produced solely because they sell well in other markets? Buick for example sells very little vehicles here in North America but its on of the most popular brands in China.

For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #47
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510 View Post
That looks like it would last a few minutes in the rocks.
I checked out your videos on your profile page. I didn't see you climbing any rocks. I did see you get stuck in pretty shallow water that he would have no problem with. Just sayin'
Rockin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #48
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Truly Bad A**! Thanks for posting.
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #49
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Well, since I retired as head of customer service for a Chrysler competitor I have a pretty good idea what a global business model looks like. What's at play here is the core of the Jeep brand, which IS NOT badge-engineered Fiats barely capable of crossing a muddy parking lot. Fiat screws with the core elements of the brand at their own peril. Chinese Buicks are one thing, Fiats posing as Jeeps are another.
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #50
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Well, since I retired as head of customer service for a Chrysler competitor I have a pretty good idea what a global business model looks like. What's at play here is the core of the Jeep brand, which IS NOT badge-engineered Fiats barely capable of crossing a muddy parking lot. Fiat screws with the core elements of the brand at their own peril. Chinese Buicks are one thing, Fiats posing as Jeeps are another.
Seriously? I wouldn't tell anyone I had anything to do with customer service. They piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, then blow smoke up your ***.
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #51
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1
I checked out your videos on your profile page. I didn't see you climbing any rocks. I did see you get stuck in pretty shallow water that he would have no problem with. Just sayin'
No need to get upset that someone spent a ton of money on a rock crawling downgrade. It's cool and maybe they use it for other things so that's fine.

I guess I need to check out these videos you speak of.
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #52
Rockin1
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
No need to get upset that someone spent a ton of money on a rock crawling downgrade. It's cool and maybe they use it for other things so that's fine.

I guess I need to check out these videos you speak of.
No need to turn passive on me. You were knocking the guys awesome build. The videos are the ones you posted on your profile from Rausch Creek. It looks like that rock is kicking your a**. I just commented that his build would probably not have gotten stuck. Guess we covered your idea of rock crawling.
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #53
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1 View Post
Seriously? I wouldn't tell anyone I had anything to do with customer service. They piss on your leg and tell you it's raining, then blow smoke up your ***.
Not worthy of a response.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #54
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Duplicate deleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post

Lol, that thing would last about 50 yards on the rocks around here. WTF? LMAO!
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #55
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1
No need to turn passive on me. You were knocking the guys awesome build. The videos are the ones you posted on your profile from Rausch Creek. It looks like that rock is kicking your a**. I just commented that his build would probably not have gotten stuck. Guess we covered your idea of rock crawling. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpuWphbjhI
Not passive, just reasonable here. Yeah, I knocked it. Tons of money for a downgrade is knockable.

And don't knock my hardcore rock crawling!
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #56
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Not passive, just reasonable here. Yeah, I knocked it. Tons of money for a downgrade is knockable.

And don't knock my hardcore rock crawling!
I wanna know what makes you think it's a downgrade. Do you see the length of those arms? That suspension will travel ridiculously far. I'd wager it's equivalent to at least a 6" coil lift over the factory suspension, only the wheels stay within the same space relative to the wheelbase of the vehicle as they travel. Either type of suspension will see track change drastically, but this maintains the same wheelbase whereas a leading/trailing arm solid axle's wheelbase changes as the suspension travels. I couldn't say for sure, but theoretically, this is more predictable than a similar-size lift with a solid axle.

This very obviously cost the owner thousands of dollars, but I have no idea how you could possibly call it a downgrade over the factory suspension. Also, I really want to know what your experience with IFS 4-wheelers is. Having owned one myself, I'd say the only disadvantage is high-strength CV joints are a touch more expensive than cardan joints of similar strength, which is the real limiting factor in IFS lifts and tire choice. Fabricating control arms is cake, frankly.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #57
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My statement was only directed at its durability. It looks like the arms came off an f1 car.

I'm certainly not knocking custom independent suspensions. I think the ifs on Ultra 4/KoH buggies is awesome.
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #58
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

They aren't the thickest, but they probably have fairly thick walls. I for one must withhold judgment on its durability until I see it in action, or speak with the owner on what all comprises the modification.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #59
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm mostly curious how they got a driveshaft to that differential.
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #60
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510
I'm mostly curious how they got a driveshaft to that differential.
Like this!

Some more pics

Btw its 4 wheel steer, has a 502" BBC and 16" of wheel travel and adjustable ride height

YouTube video

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.