2014 Wrangler Info??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2014 Wrangler Info???

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
That is the biggest reason why I will not replace my Cherokee with the 242 transfer case with a Wrangler.
Yeah, it's tough to think about giving up that functionality, isn't it? Please make sure you go to Jeep.com and tell them this via their contact page. I already did.

Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've only ever dealt with wranglers and trucks with selectable 4WD, so help me understand... What is the benefit of the fulltime 4WD?
LeeMasterGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
I've only ever dealt with wranglers and trucks with selectable 4WD, so help me understand... What is the benefit of the fulltime 4WD?
The benefit is that is can be run safely even on dry pavement. What this means is that if like so many, your Jeep is your daily driver and you must travel on varying road surfaces like in winter when around here you can go from clean/dry pavement to snowy/icy and back again 4 times in a mile, you can throw it into FullTime 4WD and get a good well-planted feel without stressing your drivetrain. It also works extremely well in the rain.
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

you can get a BT right now if they can do it why wait? i have no idea if it passes your local smog laws.
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
The benefit is that is can be run safely even on dry pavement. What this means is that if like so many, your Jeep is your daily driver and you must travel on varying road surfaces like in winter when around here you can go from clean/dry pavement to snowy/icy and back again 4 times in a mile, you can throw it into FullTime 4WD and get a good well-planted feel without stressing your drivetrain. It also works extremely well in the rain.
There must be a difference between this setting and being able to put it in to 4Hi. What would that difference be? This is a total hijack of the thread. I'll shut up now.
LeeMasterGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
Emoto
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
There must be a difference between this setting and being able to put it in to 4Hi. What would that difference be? This is a total hijack of the thread. I'll shut up now.
I apologize, too.

I think the difference is that it is "open" from front to back, meaning that the front wheels can turn at a different speed from the rear.
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Part time 4 Hi and 4 Lo mechanically locks the front and rear output of the transfer case, front and rear axle must turn at the same speed. Tire slippage is the only way to remove any binding that might occur such as making a turn. Front tire might need to travel at a different speed than the rear tire due to the arc of the turn. To prevent damage to the drive train you use part time on loose surfaces.

Full time 4 Hi uses a differential inside the 242 case to allow the front and rear outputs to turn at different speeds if necessary. You can use full time on dry pavement. Full time is very useful on roads that have patchy ice or snow but other parts of the pavement are clear and dry. This internal differential is locked during part time use.

There was a concern with the shorter wheelbase of the 2 dr Wrangler that the short drive shafts might have too much angle for a full time transfer case. Mainly there would be drive shaft vibration at speed. But the 4 dr Wrangler has plenty of wheelbase for a full time case.
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #23
LostJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dang didnt you all hear the boss when the New jeep comes out they will THINK about adding this as a option. They only got a Rubicon cause they trick the bean counters into it at a test drive out at the rubicon.
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #24
Doubblea
1999 TJ Wrangler 

THREAD REVIVAL! lol. but looking at the timeline, cj7 was 76-86, yj was 87-95, tj was 97-06, so shouldnt the next jeep after jk be open in 2016? only makes sense.
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Go to wrangler Gen Discussion forum , look for next generation wrangler coming for 015. ps/ under slow2run
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
dantonio
2012 WK 

it suppose to have an autodimming rear view mirror
dantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #27
dallasjetfan
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm thinking of waiting until the '14's come out. I am looking for another Jeep and would prefer something that can handle 35's easier than the TJ. My TJ was the only vehicle I have ever owned that I loved. Bought 6 vehicles since then trying to find something that I loved as much as that vehicle. I would be satisfied with a the JK with the newer engine. Would never buy one with the original engine. That thing was a pig with only 33's. A diesel option would be cool, but not necessary for my next purchase. Gonna drive my 2013 VW CC for about a year and then it will be time to get rid of it.
dallasjetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #28
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Holy thread necro batman!

On topic, I would imagine, with the WK2 getting the 3.0 CRD at the end of next year, for the 2014 MY, the Wrangler couldn't be too far from the same privilege. They both share 3.6 powertrains at the moment.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #29
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spesrf25

Damn your logic!!! I just came home with a 2012 White Rubicon Unlimited....I'll miss you TJ.
Rofl...no you won't, don't lie!
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #30
JEEPSRK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya is it true that a diesel WJ is coming out? If so then we might have a diesel Wrangler soon. I've heard rumors but they're usually false. Oh also what is ROFL?
l----L -0lllllll0- Silver Jeep Owners member #132
()_) ()_)-O-)_) Rocky Mountain Edition member #15
JEEPSRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.