JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Future Models & Prototype Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f118/)
-   -   2014 Wrangler Info??? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f118/2014-wrangler-info-1295945/)

spesrf25 12-01-2011 02:35 PM

2014 Wrangler Info???
 
I finally have permission from my boss (wife) to buy a new 2014 Wranlger. Why 2014? Because I would like to wait since we are so close to new new re-design, and I'm REALLY hoping for a diesel. Now I'm extremely stoked and am wondering if anyone has stumbled upon any new info on them. I've only found an artilce stating it will be re-designed, but no give aways.

Please no erroneous info, unless it's actually funny.

Thanks!
Dave

Marauder_Pilot 12-01-2011 06:57 PM

Nothing concrete, yet.

It might have a diesel.
It might have a full-time transfer case option.
It might also come in a pickup model.
It might come in 2015 instead.

It's still a bit earlier to say anything concrete, yet. Check out Allpar for Mopar rumours. As soon as anybody knows, it'll be there.

spesrf25 12-02-2011 08:52 AM

Don't say 2015!!!

kenskis 12-03-2011 08:20 PM

YJ was 1987-1995, TJ was 1997-2006, JK started in 2007. Realistically I think 2016-2017 is likely for the end of the JK. http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...t-4-years-away The Wrangler is selling well and it has no competition, there is really no reason to redesign anytime soon. Not worth the wait in my opinion. Plus you never want to buy a vehicle in it's first year of production - there are usually several issues that are fixed for the 2nd (sometimes 3rd or 4th) year of production.

Marauder_Pilot 12-04-2011 11:10 AM

Manley has said that the Wrangler redesign is coming '14/'15.

They're likely holding off on a lot of the changes we want (Diesel, pickup, ect) because it's cheaper to incorporate them into the next generation, especially since they literally cannot build any more Wranglers than they already are (Toledo is running at 100% capacity right now)

mattlock1983 12-04-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spesrf25
I finally have permission from my boss (wife) to buy a new 2014 Wranlger.

As others have pointed out, the first year model of any modern jeep (yj,tj,jk) is usually plagued by problems that are sorted out in successive years. Smart buyers avoid the first year models of any new vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spesrf25
Why 2014? Because I would like to wait since we are so close to new new re-design, and I'm REALLY hoping for a diesel.
Dave

Don't hold your breath. Jeep has known that it's american customers have wanted a diesel for over ten years. They don't care. It will happen in Europe (and canada) looong before it happens in America.

Also, as for the 2014 prediction... I'm betting on DC wanting to "get their moneys worth" out of the jk. I honestly don't see them killing their cash cow after only 7 years. Historically, they let their wranglers production run last at least 8 years, or more.

kenskis 12-04-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot (Post 12614014)
Manley has said that the Wrangler redesign is coming '14/'15.

Where did you read that? The link in my previous post says 2015-2016.

spesrf25 12-04-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenskis (Post 12611831)
YJ was 1987-1995, TJ was 1997-2006, JK started in 2007. Realistically I think 2016-2017 is likely for the end of the JK. http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...t-4-years-away The Wrangler is selling well and it has no competition, there is really no reason to redesign anytime soon. Not worth the wait in my opinion. Plus you never want to buy a vehicle in it's first year of production - there are usually several issues that are fixed for the 2nd (sometimes 3rd or 4th) year of production.

Damn your logic!!! I just came home with a 2012 White Rubicon Unlimited....I'll miss you TJ.

XJ2Timer 12-06-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlock1983 (Post 12614094)
Don't hold your breath. Jeep has known that it's american customers have wanted a diesel for over ten years. They don't care. It will happen in Europe (and canada) looong before it happens in America.

European diesel emission standards should match US standards by 2015. That will make it easier to sell the diesel engines here. Now whether management offers one remains to be seen.

h20squirter 12-06-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlock1983 (Post 12614094)
As others have pointed out, the first year model of any modern jeep (yj,tj,jk) is usually plagued by problems that are sorted out in successive years. Smart buyers avoid the first year models of any new vehicle.



Don't hold your breath. Jeep has known that it's american customers have wanted a diesel for over ten years. They don't care. It will happen in Europe (and canada) looong before it happens in America.

Also, as for the 2014 prediction... I'm betting on DC wanting to "get their moneys worth" out of the jk. I honestly don't see them killing their cash cow after only 7 years. Historically, they let their wranglers production run last at least 8 years, or more.

Europe has had a diesel Wrangler for years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ2Timer (Post 12626780)
European diesel emission standards should match US standards by 2015. That will make it easier to sell the diesel engines here. Now whether management offers one remains to be seen.

This is our best hope for getting a diesel Wrangler here. Think about the logic, they know that europeans are going to want to continue to have their diesel Wrangler, if they can make the same engine and put it in both the US and the European version then its kind of a no-brainer. Even if they only expected to sell 3,000-4,000 of them in the US because of the initial cost and the higher cost of diesel, at this point it doesn't really matter because you're already making the same item for export.

Now that being said, scary outlook for those of us stateside whom want a diesel wrangler, they decide to scrap the diesel in the Wrangler worldwide.

spesrf25 12-06-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h20squirter (Post 12627335)

Now that being said, scary outlook for those of us stateside whom want a diesel wrangler, they decide to scrap the diesel in the Wrangler worldwide.

I highly doubt they would scrap it worldwide. I was stationed in England, and didn't see one non-diesel Wrangler on the road.

XJ2Timer 12-07-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h20squirter (Post 12627335)
Even if they only expected to sell 3,000-4,000 of them in the US because of the initial cost and the higher cost of diesel, at this point it doesn't really matter because you're already making the same item for export.

When they offered the 2.8 diesel in the KJ Liberty Jeep expected to sell 5,000. Demand was double that. On a vehicle that wasn't as capable as a Wrangler.

I think they would sell more than 4,000 diesel Wranglers.

h20squirter 12-07-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ2Timer

When they offered the 2.8 diesel in the KJ Liberty Jeep expected to sell 5,000. Demand was double that. On a vehicle that wasn't as capable as a Wrangler.

I think they would sell more than 4,000 diesel Wranglers.

I agree as well, I for one will be in line to buy one. But apparently someone at Chrysler is gun shy. Like a previous poster said, they have sold a diesel Wrangler elsewhere for years, why not here? People like us who are on forums talking about Jeeps and offroading represent a very small portion of the new vehicle market.

Sent from my HTC EVO CM7 using JeepForum

Emoto 02-26-2012 09:03 AM

If the JK came with a transfer case that had 2WD, 4WD Hi, 4WD Lo, and Full-time 4WD, I would be unable to resist buying one. Jeep would get an immediate sale.

XJ2Timer 02-27-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emoto (Post 13127746)
If the JK came with a transfer case that had 2WD, 4WD Hi, 4WD Lo, and Full-time 4WD, I would be unable to resist buying one. Jeep would get an immediate sale.

That is the biggest reason why I will not replace my Cherokee with the 242 transfer case with a Wrangler.


The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.