2013 Grand Cherokee CRD Diesel... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2013 Grand Cherokee CRD Diesel...

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
vchiera

2013 Grand Cherokee CRD Diesel...

I was wondering what the estimated price of this grand will be??
Sounds like it will deffinitley be available in the 2013 lineup, but no reports on pricing.

vchiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Probably a $8,000 option. It will also probably have the ridiculous DPF system on it and the DEF junk as well. So not only will fuel cost more per gallon but you'll have to buy that cow urine to put in there that I think is about $8-$12 a gallon and it'll likely be a 9-11 gallon tank for that DEF. Then you'll also own the nightmare, headache giving, piece of **** emissions system that'll be constant trouble. I'd stay away from it.
jerrod710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Thrumcap

Why would it be an $8K option when it is already priced the same as the Hemi elsewhere? If it is anything like the VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes diesels, it will be fantastic.
Thrumcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumcap
Why would it be an $8K option when it is already priced the same as the Hemi elsewhere? If it is anything like the VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes diesels, it will be fantastic.
You've got high hopes buddy! No offense meant but just follow how all the other pickup manufacturer's have come along. Dodge had likely the best drive train engine wise going. Then when they added all the DPF and other emissions crap they seem to be broke down every 5,000-10,000 miles. And for every problem Dodges have, the new Ford diesels have double the problems.
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Thrumcap

Apples and oranges. They aren't adding anything as the engine was designed with this system in mind. A better comparison are the very similar diesels offered by other European auto makers. They don't have any of the problems to which you refer. Whether Fiat has the same reliability is the only question for me...
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumcap
Apples and oranges. They aren't adding anything as the engine was designed with this system in mind. A better comparison are the very similar diesels offered by other European auto makers. They don't have any of the problems to which you refer. Whether Fiat has the same reliability is the only question for me...
In the US our emissions are different as well as regulations of emissions/environmental junk.
Unread 03-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #7
Thrumcap

True but the engine in its original form is already 50 state compliant. I just don't understand why it takes so long to offer it here given that emissions is a non issue.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
JAMIN55

Check the Jeep website. Price on Grand Cherokee is 4500 and makes us also add the 3000- dollar luxury package. That is on Limited.
JAMIN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Screen shot of the instruments of our diesel GC. Converted to MPG for ya. I reset the mpg when I reach highway speed which in this case is 100k or 60mph and hit the cruise control. Must point out it was a flat 20k of road but hey, hills don't seem to get in the way of this thing.
Not bad with four people on board.

image-553779849.jpg

Quote from a friend:
"How many jeeps do you actually want?
That however was a silly question because we already know the answer is all of them!"
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.