2011 wrangler is susposed to have alot of new changes? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 wrangler is susposed to have alot of new changes?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #76
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfgangGullich View Post
So, do those pics mean they deleted the ugly cow-catcher/snowplow Euro bumpers off the '11 Wrangler...it might be ok then...but I'll still stick with my 2 '10 JKs with a nice and simple, Jeep-like dash
If you are referring to the pic of the yellow jeep a couple of posts above, that is apparently a concept vehicle...

From what I have seen, the exterior of the Wrangler is not much different than the '10 JK's with the exception of a larger rear windor for the hard top and the option on the Sahara to have the hard top painted to match the body color. You also get power/heated mirrors now... I think I read where that is standard equipment for all versions...

mickeymeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 11:00 AM   #77
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Got a call from the dealer! Have a VIN# now and an expected ship date of Sept. 17... much sooner than I anticipated. Of course that date comes with the disclaimer that it could be +/- depending on various factors... like if VP Joe Biden decides to stop in the factory and halt production again so he can ramble on about how great things are in his head.
Unread 08-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #78
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymeanie View Post
You also get power/heated mirrors now... I think I read where that is standard equipment for all versions...
Its not. There are few pics of the interior where you can see an extra power outlet in the place of the power mirror switch. All my other cars have this and I can't say I have ever used them except when I first got the car.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #79
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon83 View Post
Its not. There are few pics of the interior where you can see an extra power outlet in the place of the power mirror switch. All my other cars have this and I can't say I have ever used them except when I first got the car.
Just curious... are you saying you never use the power mirrors or you never use the extra power outlets? I could see not using the extra power outlets as I am the same way... but the power mirrors, that would be hard to believe...
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #80
skydiver30960
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Times change

Seems like we used to buy Jeeps, add a bunch of stuff, and take it offroading.

Now, we're going to buy a Jeep, take a bunch of crappy electronics and plastic bits OFF, then take it offroading.

For the record, I'd love to see a stripped down "starter package" type Jeep as well. But, I'm sure the profit margin isn't high enough.

Nothing stays the same but change...
skydiver30960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #81
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

I think if Jeep had continued with the off road market they would have gone out of business, this is why jeep has went into catering to soccer mom's, CEO's, and tree hunger's, Tho yes they have Kept the "Wrangler" around for guys like "US" but even that has been modernized with the bells n whistles . . .

Willis Motor Company invented it, American Motors brought it to the masses, Chrysler has modernized it, and well Fiat may just kill it off . . .

I know your all like what about Kaiser, well the simple fact is Kaiser is willies same company simple name change, that's about when "Jeep" went from a model to a Make . . .

Mike
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #82
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCSportTruck View Post
I think if Jeep had continued with the off road market they would have gone out of business, this is why jeep has went into catering to soccer mom's, CEO's, and tree hunger's, Tho yes they have Kept the "Wrangler" around for guys like "US" but even that has been modernized with the bells n whistles . . .

Willis Motor Company invented it, American Motors brought it to the masses, Chrysler has modernized it, and well Fiat may just kill it off . . .

I know your all like what about Kaiser, well the simple fact is Kaiser is willies same company simple name change, that's about when "Jeep" went from a model to a Make . . .

Mike
Kaiser was definitely one of the best "Jeep" eras, next to the AMC early Renegades.
PTOs, Plows, trench diggers
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #83
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

you get no argument from me the Kaiser-AMC era's is pretty much when Jeep became the jeep we know and love . . .

Mike
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #84
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Without a diesel option, the Wrangler line is not long for this world.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #85
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCSportTruck View Post

Mike

Well, if you want to get really technical, it was American Bantam that invented the Jeep...a company that was purchased by Willys during the war (and it was Ford and Willys that built them under license originally starting in 39)

And Heretic...the Wrangler has survived 23 years in the US without a diesel and continues to be the best-selling Chrysler model, I'm sure it'll be around fo years to come.
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #86
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

Wonderful great grand

For me Jeep started dying in 1988 when the J-truck's passed on, then limped on life support til the Comanche died in 1992

I have no use for SUV's owned a few never liked them not once, So untill jeep offers another pickup truck i can't update past the 92' model year . . . or i have to find another brand . . .

Mike
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #87
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfgangGullich View Post
...And Heretic...the Wrangler has survived 23 years in the US without a diesel and continues to be the best-selling Chrysler model, I'm sure it'll be around fo years to come.
HAS survived.

(High Energy costs, and going higher + poor build quality (all Chrysler products) + lack of vision )) * failure to engineer for the consumer of the future (no diesel option cough, cough) = death-of-a-line.

IMHO, of course.

I love Jeeps, but it is unlikely I would ever buy another.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #88
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You can thank the EPA and their emissions rules for no diesel option. It's hard to make a business case as a company to offer an engine that will likely add around $5,000 (or more - just look at the Cummins option on a Ram) to the MSRP but only offer at best a 20% fuel economy improvement.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #89
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Until they offer an engine other than the 3.8 i will not own a JK. the talk was all about this new pentastar engine line and i see that they are offering it in the new 2011 GC but not the JK. I have given up hope that we will ever see a diesel in an American wrangler but give us something other than that under powered 3.8
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #90
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

God...when will people stop knocking the 3.8? It has 12 more hp that the 4.0 and 12 more lbft of torque...and it runs decent, it's reliable, and gets ok mileage. Granted it's motivating more weight around and thus not as fast but the engine seems to do the job just fine in both my JKs. K, I've gone off topics enough for the day

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.