2011 wrangler is susposed to have alot of new changes? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 wrangler is susposed to have alot of new changes?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 08-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #61
TestDummy
Jeep Geek

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjallday View Post
My dads 01 wj has behind the wheel vc
Yep - the controls on this new JK wheel are very similar to those on my '06 WK Limited - which I liked a lot.

Unread 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #62
RedHotChiliDog
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is taking the Wrangler and is adjusting it to all the soccer moms, not the few that actually use jeeps for what they're built for. I agree with how they should have a bare bones package and I personally think it looks gay having window control on the center of the dashboard. If anything, Jeep should start cranking out Mopars Lower Forty cuz that would be bad *** to have!

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/...ep_lower40.asp
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #63
aerojeeptj

lol Allpar.com used my "spy shots" of the Wrangler
2011 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #64
RochesterNYtry

Got an update from my dealer today. The one I ordered roughly 3 weeks ago has an estimated build date of September 10th. They'll receive it roughly 7-10 after that. Probably start seeing them pop up any day now.
RochesterNYtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #65
cheffin13
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotChiliDog View Post
Jeep is taking the Wrangler and is adjusting it to all the soccer moms, not the few that actually use jeeps for what they're built for. I agree with how they should have a bare bones package and I personally think it looks gay having window control on the center of the dashboard. If anything, Jeep should start cranking out Mopars Lower Forty cuz that would be bad *** to have!

ROCKCRAWLER.com - Mopar Underground Jeep "Lower Forty"
I want that one!
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #66
daman

Quote:
Just heard about this today so that shows how up to date I am on jeeps! Anyway you guys have anything to share about this like pics or what exactly is happening?
Today was the big day when the new Wrangler came out. Apparently it entered production during this week. I have found this little article on the new 2011 Jeep Wrangler. it has photos too. The article is brief but you can get an idea about what is going on. I personally like the new Jeep Wrangler. i guess that it looks a little like the Mercedes G class. Could this be a coincidence or could it be an attempt to compete with the G?
I hope you'll find this useful, probably this was what you are looking for. Anyway, in a few days' time there will probably be more info on this new model.
If you found something better, just share it with us. By the way, some opinions would be interesting. I just wonder how many of you guys like it and how many dislike it. I can't wait to see if you share my taste for this new Wrangler or not.
All the best to you.
daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #67
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just ordered a 2011 4X4 Sahara Unlimited Natural Green Pearlcoat, paint to match top, saddle/black interior, and pretty much every option except for any of the chrome packages (don't care for the chrome bits and pieces).

This is our first Jeep and it's for my wife... we drove a 2010 and she loved it... then we found out the 2011 would have power mirrors and heated leather seats and decided we could wait a few weeks. Yep, she's the soccer Mom all of these changes were added for... it makes an easy transition from her loaded Expedition EL Limited and it gives us several feet of space back in the garage.

Will it ever go offroad? Not that she's aware of unless I scratch it or break something and have to fess up...

When she mentioned wanting one, I figured that "want" would be cured with a simple test drive. Much to both of our surprise, the unlimited with hard top is far more refined than the Wranglers I've ever experienced. It's actually very quiet compared to what we expected and the ride was extremely smooth. That created more "want" on her part... I made sure she understood what she would be giving up compared to her Expedition and she seemed mostly undaunted... I wasn't convinced. Doing a little research I ran across the 2011 changes... changes which pretty much addressed all of the concerns I had with her making this change. So I have my VON and am waiting anxiously to see what we expect to be an exceptional vehicle in several weeks.
mickeymeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #68
id_birdhntr

I'm looking forward to checking out the new Wranglers and don't mind a few of the options that they have added. You'll laugh but the biggest addition I like is the arm rest on the doors. My buddy has an 06 Rubicon and I can't stand the fact that I have no where to put my arm when driving it.

As far as the rest of the options it's 6's to me. I'm buying mine hopefully next spring and will be my work vehicle and my hunting rig for around my house.

I'll still be using my 78' FJ40 as my main hunting and rock crawling rig and then in probably 10 years my new Rubicon will turn into that. Looking forward to seeing them at the local dealerships soon. I hope you can still get a black top as an option as I'm not a fan of the color matched top, at least right now. Too bad there isn't a diesel option yet either.
id_birdhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #69
mickeymeanie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by id_birdhntr View Post
I'm looking forward to checking out the new Wranglers and don't mind a few of the options that they have added. You'll laugh but the biggest addition I like is the arm rest on the doors. My buddy has an 06 Rubicon and I can't stand the fact that I have no where to put my arm when driving it.

As far as the rest of the options it's 6's to me. I'm buying mine hopefully next spring and will be my work vehicle and my hunting rig for around my house.

I'll still be using my 78' FJ40 as my main hunting and rock crawling rig and then in probably 10 years my new Rubicon will turn into that. Looking forward to seeing them at the local dealerships soon. I hope you can still get a black top as an option as I'm not a fan of the color matched top, at least right now. Too bad there isn't a diesel option yet either.
The PTM hard top is only on the Sahara as of right now... I believe the only option on the Rubicon is a black hard top. I say that because my wife really wanted to get the dark Khaki hard top rather than the painted top but it was not an option, black or painted were the only option on the Sahara. So you should be good to go on the black top.
mickeymeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #70
No-Doors
1993 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=RedHotChiliDog;9944148]Jeep is taking the Wrangler and is adjusting it to all the soccer moms, not the few that actually use jeeps for what they're built for. I agree with how they should have a bare bones package ....

I too agree with the need for a bare bones package. If Jeep wants to make a luxury models with all the bells and whistles; thats great. But, they should also offer a package with manual door locks and windows, vinyl seats, no carpet, and no electronics. Not suggesting creating a whole new production line to make TJ's or YJ's, etc. Just make a bare basic Jeep.

However, I would love to see them do a retro version of the old CJ7. How many of you remember when doors were optional from the dealer. Yep, thats right, once upon a time Jeeps came from the dealer without doors. To me the CJ7 doorless and topless or a Bikini top at most is the classic Jeep look. Now, you rarely see a JK with the windows down, muchless topless or doorless.

I understand people have different taste and that is great. I appreciate the soccer mom types and suit & tie guys who support the Jeep brand by purchasing the product and never getting off the pavement. But, it would be nice if the R&D guys at Jeep would consider make a base vehicle. I guess we could all order the Quadratec CJ tub, front clip, and drive train and build our own brand new CJ from scratch (Thats an idea)

Anyway, like I always tell people; think about what you want your jeep to do and what you will use it for, then go out and purchase what makes you happy. As for me, I will continue to purchase Jeeps with Leaf springs and build them to my taste. Y'all have fun and keep on Jeepin and don't forget to wave back at me next time I wave

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong" (Paul :-)
No-Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #71
renegade70
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by id_birdhntr View Post
Too bad there isn't a diesel option yet either.
if they tried it like IH did with the Scout in '75,you better hope there never will be, either.

They were so under-powered, they coudn't get out of their own way- even with a turbo.

I thought they were coming out with a new engine in '11 that was supposed to fix the major complaint of the V-6 compared to the 4 liter inline 6cyl.
renegade70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #72
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baymac View Post
I too agree with the need for a bare bones package. If Jeep wants to make a luxury models with all the bells and whistles; thats great. But, they should also offer a package with manual door locks and windows, vinyl seats, no carpet, and no electronics. Not suggesting creating a whole new production line to make TJ's or YJ's, etc. Just make a bare basic Jeep.
A pretty basic Sport model addresses this need as close as you are going to get these days - manual door locks/windows, base radio, base cloth (you can always get the vinyl Bestop seat covers to simulate the vinyl seats) and the carpet is easily removed and sold right here on this forum. I'm afraid you'll never see the elimination of the electronics though - no way to meet all of the emissions and safetly regulations without them so you better just get used to them or stock up on restored/mint CJ's.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #73
aerojeeptj

It seems like alot of people want a Jeep like this concept (J7). Nothing fancy, gets the job done on road or off

Jeep J7 Unlimited | Editorials Blog & Discussion at 4WD & Sport Utility Magazine
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #74
RedHotChiliDog
2004 TJ Wrangler 

[quote=baymac;10032846]
Quote:
Jeep is taking the Wrangler and is adjusting it to all the soccer moms, not the few that actually use jeeps for what they're built for. I agree with how they should have a bare bones package ....

However, I would love to see them do a retro version of the old CJ7. How many of you remember when doors were optional from the dealer. Yep, thats right, once upon a time Jeeps came from the dealer without doors. To me the CJ7 doorless and topless or a Bikini top at most is the classic Jeep look. Now, you rarely see a JK with the windows down, muchless topless or doorless.
I always thought if they brought back the CJ Scrambler it would be a hit. A jeep pickup?!?? Im sure it would be a instant seller! I would buy one! (of course, keep it TJ style with minimal electronics!)
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #75
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

So, do those pics mean they deleted the ugly cow-catcher/snowplow Euro bumpers off the '11 Wrangler...it might be ok then...but I'll still stick with my 2 '10 JKs with a nice and simple, Jeep-like dash

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.