2011 wrangler is susposed to have alot of new changes? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 wrangler is susposed to have alot of new changes?

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #46
aerojeeptj

Nope it wasn't at a lot, it was Jeep night at the Chrysler museum and one of the workers brought it up there and parked it right in front of the steps of the museum, wide open so I jumped in. Had a nice feel to it. I honestly don't remember even looking at the front bumper, if I would have known that people were wondering I definitely would have checked it out. It did have the matching painted hard top. It was smooth like a body panel, not textured like the old tops. I just wonder how that interior will hold up for the people who wheel with the doors and top off, especially with all the nice electrical gadgets inside

Unread 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #47
Painbow6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Nope it wasn't at a lot, it was Jeep night at the Chrysler museum and one of the workers brought it up there and parked it right in front of the steps of the museum, wide open so I jumped in. Had a nice feel to it. I honestly don't remember even looking at the front bumper, if I would have known that people were wondering I definitely would have checked it out. It did have the matching painted hard top. It was smooth like a body panel, not textured like the old tops. I just wonder how that interior will hold up for the people who wheel with the doors and top off, especially with all the nice electrical gadgets inside
My thoughts exactly. I like the interior but it seems like it belongs in a Grand Cherokee or Liberty or something. Maybe it uses waterproof electricity.

2004 LJ- 35's and stuff
1978 Land Rover Series III- Winston, you will be sorely missed.
Painbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #48
RochesterNYtry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbow6 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I like the interior but it seems like it belongs in a Grand Cherokee or Liberty or something. Maybe it uses waterproof electricity.
I hear what your saying. Having experienced jeeps for almost 20 years through various family friends this things a freakin cadillac comparatively speaking.

For me personally the new amenities satisfy the comfort seeking old man in me while maintaining enough of the jeep ride(feel) to buy again. If I did plan on taking it off road i wouldnt even consider a Sahara purely out of guilt. Not for financial reasons, but rather out of disgust in ruining what is a respectably comfortable interior.

Scott
RochesterNYtry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #49
aerojeeptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painbow6 View Post
Ya I was thinking the same too, it does look like it belongs in either vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochesterNYtry View Post
I hear what your saying. Having experienced jeeps for almost 20 years through various family friends this things a freakin cadillac comparatively speaking.

For me personally the new amenities satisfy the comfort seeking old man in me while maintaining enough of the jeep ride(feel) to buy again. If I did plan on taking it off road i wouldnt even consider a Sahara purely out of guilt. Not for financial reasons, but rather out of disgust in ruining what is a respectably comfortable interior.

Scott
It seems they have a new marketing audience with the Wranglers now. Most of the drivers I see driving JK's now are older/don't look like they buy it to wheel with, more just as the fun of having a big convertible vehicle. Like I said, I love the TJ and don't care too much about comfort and an occasional headache that comes with driving it lol
Unread 08-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #50
dest
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
European spec Wrangler. Check the photos of this 2009 Euro Wrangler:
The Global Car-trader Directory Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door Rubicon

The front bumper that wraps up into the front fender is because of the pedestrian safety laws over there. That's also where the awful plastic bumper comes from.
How does that extra 2" of plastic help a pedestrian being smashed by a Jeep?
dest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #51
aerojeeptj

haha ya, does it scoop them up and they sit on it for the ride after you hit them??
Unread 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #52
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerojeeptj View Post
Like I said, I love the TJ and don't care too much about comfort and an occasional headache that comes with driving it lol
I have 2 TJ's so you can guess which model Wrangler I prefer....that said, I would argue that a TJ interior is actually nicer looking than a 2007-2010 JK interior, and its certainly less succeptible to scratches. I actually like this new JK interior - it'll look a bit more utilitarian in all black and without the silver accents that are undoubtedly part of the Sahara package. At least all the surface grains/textures are more natural/leather like vs. the wierd techno and checkerboard grains found in the 2010 and earlier models.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #53
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
How does that extra 2" of plastic help a pedestrian being smashed by a Jeep?
I don't know the specs but those pedestrian impact laws state a certain amount of space between the hood and anything underneath it for crush space. One reason front ends are getting taller. Also hoods edges now roll down to the fenders instead of hood and fender meeting horizontally. This can be seen on the redesign between the concept Chevy Volt and the production one. I guess the bumper wrapping up into the fender keeps an arm or leg from rubbing on the tire.
I never said the law made sense.
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #54
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

As the owner of 2 2010 JKs (a 2dr and 4dr), this interior is gross...the point of the Wrangler is not to be cushy and plush...I like the door panels a little as they remind me of the TJ for some reason...if you want comfort, go buy a Grand Cherokee
Unread 08-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #55
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

I see a lot of comments on here about the new interior and electronics. Are there new electronics on the 2011's that were not availible on the 07-10???
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #56
rpiotr01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon83 View Post
I see a lot of comments on here about the new interior and electronics. Are there new electronics on the 2011's that were not availible on the 07-10???
Not really. There's a 115v power outlet under the arm rest on some models. A switch for power mirrors on the center console. Some more switches on the steering wheel. And the climate controls are different. No idea if they're more or less water proof than the old switches.

Otherwise it's the same.
rpiotr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #57
quite98
2010 JK Wrangler 

2011 Wrangler user guide:

My Jeep: Jeep Owners Service Manuals - 4x4 SUVs, Sports Utility Vehicles, Off Road
quite98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #58
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just thumbed through the '11 owner's manual...auto a/c option? i may have power locks and windows in my Unlimited, but this is getting rediculous...least my Mountain is pure and simple
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #59
Sammin
2011 JK Wrangler 

Couple of interesting things…

Looks like the Wrangler will have the Garmin Nav w/ Bluetooth streaming Media (430N/RHB) as the top end offering and not the 730N system (RER)

Also, steering wheel volume control is located BEHIND the steering wheel…think this is the first vehicle I’ve ever seen with vc in that location.
Sammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #60
tjallday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammin View Post
Couple of interesting things…

Looks like the Wrangler will have the Garmin Nav w/ Bluetooth streaming Media (430N/RHB) as the top end offering and not the 730N system (RER)

Also, steering wheel volume control is located BEHIND the steering wheel…think this is the first vehicle I’ve ever seen with vc in that location.
My dads 01 wj has behind the wheel vc
tjallday is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.