2011 WL Jeep Grand Cherokee - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 WL Jeep Grand Cherokee

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #76
Jeepball
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i was at the nyias today and i have to say i didnt like the look of the 2011 gc in the pics. But at the show it looked awesome! the grille looks fine and the air ride is pretty impressive. I dont know how well it will hold up off-road but it has 4.5inches of adjustment. it was cool to watch it move up and down from park to off-road. anyway it looks awesome but i can garentee the price is going to be costly. here are some pics i got of it at the show...

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #173

[URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3047000"]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3047000[/URL]

[url]http://fuh2.com/[/url]
Jeepball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #77
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Thanks for those! I love this pic:

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #78
sp9861
1996 ZJ 

The rims on that SRT8 WL look so deep, like they are bent too far inwards.

The interior looks amazing.

Future Project: Rock Light and Reverse Light installation.
sp9861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #79
JeepSquad

Overall it looks pretty sweeet....but I'm not too sure about the orange interior trim pieces.
JeepSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #80
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSquad View Post
Overall it looks pretty sweeet....but I'm not too sure about the orange interior trim pieces.
There are 4 different interior color schemes, so if the Red Rock isn't your cup of tea, then you have 3 others to choose from...
!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
Unread 04-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #81
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

More pics from Cars.com

Unread 04-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #82
ColoradoJeep06

I thought that it said there was a 7 passenger option? Not going to use it as a minivan, but it would be nice to put a couple of rug rats back there when family is on town. Seems like it would be tough since the back seat has gotten bigger than the car got bigger.

I don't think that it looks that much like a LR, eventhough I like that look. Seems like the bells and whistles have bells and whistles.
ColoradoJeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #83
TheEddie

Its not too bad I guess but I think the WK looks better than that thing.

I think those two piece tail lights look like garbage though.

Past Jeeps:
97 Flame Red TJ Sport on 31s with stuff.
98 Stone White XJ Classic: Lifted, Locked, and Armored
2000 Silverstone WJ Limited
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #84
XJ2Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
You'll have to say first generation WK. This is just an update of the existing platform so this is the second generation WK. It is not called the WL.

And for ColoradoJeep, only the next Durango which will share this platform will have a seven passenger version.
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #85
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
You'll have to say first generation WK. This is just an update of the existing platform so this is the second generation WK. It is not called the WL.
That hasn't been confirmed or denied by any source yet. WKJeeps.com has it under the WK section, but even he isn't sure of the designation. Since it's a new platform, based on the Mercedes ML, it wouldn't make sense to call it a WK. WL was the designation by some Jeep insiders, so that was the name being passed around. We don't know what it's designation is yet.

Last edited by WJ Freak; 05-03-2009 at 04:12 AM..
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #86
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post

I think those two piece tail lights look like garbage though.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when the '99 WJ came out, I thought it was the best-looking SUV design I had ever seen. I still feel that way and don't care for the WK as much. I don't care for the clunky design of the front end, the low roof (I hit my head inside), or the cheap interior materials and hard plastics. I happen to LOVE this new Grand and feel it may equal my affection for the WJ.

Here's the "Grand Evolution":

Last edited by WJ Freak; 04-29-2009 at 07:12 PM..
Unread 04-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #87
YB Normyl
2008 WK 

The Grand Cherokee was originally the redesigned Cherokee but when Chrysler took over AMC the Cherokee was selling so well they kept it going and decided to call the new Cherokee, a Grand Cherokee.

YB Normyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #88
XJoutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ Freak View Post

Hate it to me not a real jeep
XJoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #89
Zachs
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hasn't been a real heep in a long time...
Unread 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #90
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
Hasn't been a real heep in a long time...
Really? What constitutes being a real Jeep? I think well-equipped WJ and WK owners would disagree... Why do you have to hate, anyway?

Jeeps like mine and this WK can out-perform any stock Jeep (other than the 2-door JK Rubicon), so what's your point?

I'd venture to guess the new Grand, in stock form, with the air suspension expanded to 4.5" of lift, with trail tires, would also out-perform a stock TJ.

Last edited by WJ Freak; 05-19-2009 at 10:47 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.