2011 Jeep Wrangler Ordering now open with changes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 Jeep Wrangler Ordering now open with changes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
jdemonto
2005 LJ Wrangler 

2011 Jeep Wrangler Ordering now open with changes

Hot off the press....

2011 Wrangler changes announced, ready for orders | Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News

Quote:
The 2011 Jeep Wrangler (standard and Unlimited) can now be ordered from dealers in the United States (and possibly other nations).

All Wranglers have a revised interior, with a new instrument panel, door trim, and rear cargo area surface. Jeep claims greater ease of use, ergonomics, and storage for the vehicle that has one Best 4×4 of the Decade (Four Wheeler).

New standard features for Sport models include steering wheel audio controls, cruise, and hill descent control.

The Sport S package now contains an AC outlet, automatic headlamps, and optional body-color hardtop.

There seems to be a new Connectivity Group available which includes the Vehicle Information Center, cellphone integration with voice commands, USB port, and, on the Sport package, a chrome/leather wrapped shift knob, for both the automatic and the manual. Automatic temperature control is now optional on Sahara and Rubicon.

The new Garmin 430N nav system is available for order on the Sahara and Rubicon (the 730N system does not appear to be available).

Colors at this time are Black (PX8), Bright Silver Metallic (PS2), Flame Red (PR4), Mango Tango (PVG), and Natural Green (PGN).

New Rubicon options are heated front seats and power mirrors.

All 2011 Jeep Wranglers have four wheel drive and a 3.8 liter V6 engine with a peak 202 horsepower and 237 lb-ft of torque, hill descent control, stability control, six-speed manual transmission, roll mitigation, six-speaker stereo with input jack, full-length floor console, outside temperature display, rear window defroster and wiper, tilt wheel, fog lamps, tow hooks, theft deterrent key, and skid plates for the transfer case, gas tank, and, for automatics, transmission oil pan.

The base model is Sport; the S package adds air conditioning, larger wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and deep tinted glass. Higher models are the Saraha and more-off-road-oriented Rubicon.

The Sport and Sahara models have Command-Trac 4×4, which has both a high and low range that split torque evenly between front and rear axles (for loose surfaces only). The main difference between Command-Trac and the Rock-Trac (on Rubicon) is the low gear: it multiplies torque by 2.72 on regular models and by 4 on Rubicon.

This simple, proven system is fuel efficient in two wheel drive mode, can be shifted to four wheel drive (high) at speeds up to 54 mph, and, in low gear, allows crawl ratios as low as 73:1.

Unread 06-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

A Wrangler with auto headlamps and auto temp control??? Whats next auto wipers?? Although I know it will sell well, I think the color matched top will look silly and make it (especially the 4 doors) look more Hummerish. What Wrangler owner really thinks a chrome/leather wrapped shift knob is neccesary?? I guess I will have to see one in person before I go off like a TJ owner to JK's, maybe they will keep it traditional where it needs to be.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
channa

Thanks for the info, looks like Pentastar will be 2012 then. Lots of not so Wrangler-like options, although factory heated seats would be nice. I wonder what Mango Tango with a Mango Tango matched top would look like, or would that maybe be too much?
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
ormandj

Was hoping for the Pentastar, oh well. Will be interesting to see what the instrument panel looks like now...
ormandj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
chcg12

I have been reading for a long time and finally registered to post. All i can say is WTF!! I've owned four jeeps and have been patiently waiting for a competitive engine (Pentastar). So now what 2012? Which means actual delivery about 15-18 mths from now to get the new engine. Unreal! anyone with pics of the "big interior improvements" (sarcasm)! please post when available. And will the diesel still not be available in 2012 in the US either? Sorry my rant is over!
chcg12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Painbow6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chcg12 View Post
I have been reading for a long time and finally registered to post. All i can say is WTF!! I've owned four jeeps and have been patiently waiting for a competitive engine (Pentastar). So now what 2012? Which means actual delivery about 15-18 mths from now to get the new engine. Unreal! anyone with pics of the "big interior improvements" (sarcasm)! please post when available. And will the diesel still not be available in 2012 in the US either? Sorry my rant is over!
Your rant is perfectly called for and I agree %100. Jeep needs to get their act together or I'm defecting to Land Rover.

2004 LJ- 35's and stuff
1978 Land Rover Series III- Winston, you will be sorely missed.
Painbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
importadvantage

Penstar

Now I am confused. This article at a glance appears to say it is coming:

2011 Jeep Wrangler Preview
importadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
racingJeep

yeah.. i was a bit confused too..
racingJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
ormandj

Wish they'd just update the jeep.com site and quell the speculation.
Unread 06-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #10
Ben Hedrick
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon83 View Post
Although I know it will sell well, I think the color matched top will look silly and make it (especially the 4 doors) look more Hummerish.
I like the matching color tops. I had to paid $1600+ to get mine silver and I think it looks cools. But I know, it's just my opinion.

2007 5.7L HEMI JK Black Super Sahara (sold)
2002 4.0L AEV Brute TJ - (sold)
2003 6.4L HEMI AEV Brute
Ben Hedrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
IVLIVS

the new motor is suppose to be out late this summer from what i heard .....
IVLIVS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #12
ormandj

Does anyone have any photos of the changes? It's not quite the same to read vs. see. I'm still waiting on the new motor, but I'm curious as to what's been done otherwise.
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #13
knotnorm
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Rubicon! Whats with Toyo Tire decal? I think it takes away from the Jeep. No pentastar for 2011 Wrangler.
knotnorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
AzureStarline
2012 JK Wrangler 

Man I wish Jeep would open up a bit and throw us a bone here!
AzureStarline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Ben Hedrick
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotnorm View Post
Nice Rubicon! Whats with Toyo Tire decal? I think it takes away from the Jeep.
Thanks and my deal with Toyo Tires is to run their decals on my Jeeps running their tires and I'm proud to run them. Great tires for sure...

Ben
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Black Super Sahara (sold)
2002 4.0L AEV Brute TJ - (sold)
2003 6.4L HEMI AEV Brute
Ben Hedrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.