2011 Jeep Phoenix (mini 4X4) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 Jeep Phoenix (mini 4X4)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #16
Carlos_I
2007 XK Commander 

Oh come on guys, those Fiat Panda pictures with a photoshopped Jeep-logo on them have been around for 2 years already. If Jeep will make a new small off-roader based on the same platform as the Panda, then sure as hell it will not look like that. They'll make the exterior more "Jeep", as well as the inside.

An entry model for Jeep cannot look like that, i.e. "Ciao, I come from Italy, I'm cheap but I'm crap!". Such a launch will have some balls attached to it, bigger wheels, more aggressive look, and some interior hardcore-candy. Trust me.

There will be a little Jeep also in the future (about the size of CJ-5), but it will look more like a modernized CJ-5, and less like the Panda. And if they finish it right, it could be a massive hit.

Unread 01-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #17
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Fiat 500 will list for around $15K, so our Panda should cost more, Chrysler plans to restyle the Pandas some? maybe to look more like a jeep,http://www.allpar.comhas some new info on the Panda . look at allpar news, then go to upcoming models
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #18
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_I View Post
Oh come on guys, those Fiat Panda pictures with a photoshopped Jeep-logo on them have been around for 2 years already. If Jeep will make a new small off-roader based on the same platform as the Panda, then sure as hell it will not look like that. They'll make the exterior more "Jeep", as well as the inside.

An entry model for Jeep cannot look like that, i.e. "Ciao, I come from Italy, I'm cheap but I'm crap!". Such a launch will have some balls attached to it, bigger wheels, more aggressive look, and some interior hardcore-candy. Trust me.

There will be a little Jeep also in the future (about the size of CJ-5), but it will look more like a modernized CJ-5, and less like the Panda. And if they finish it right, it could be a massive hit.
Thank you. How many times do we have to see these pics?
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #19
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i dono if this concept is better or worse
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #20
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Needs to have an open roof.
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #21
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
•Maximum Power (bhp @ rpm) • 54 / 5000
•Torque (lb / ft) • 65
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

What a joke of an obvious hoax. First of all, 59mpg from an AWD gasoline engine with final drive ratio of 4:1? Not possible. Secondly, base price of $10,500? Dream on. The Tata Nano is more expensive. Not to mention the ridiculous photochopped pics that have been circulating since the first rumors of Fiat buying Chrysler came out.

Who posts crap like this and expects anyone to take it seriously?
Unread 02-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #23
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
The compass could get an extra 20mpg better be very capable 4x4 keeping up with everyone else and still get bashed by those .
I always though that Jeep geared their products more towards the off roaders. But I guess if all these Compass driving soccer moms are willing to buy a few vehicles it can only help keep the REAL jeeps coming for us "wrangler loving Arse clowns".

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #24
bluefever

lmfao,the geo tracker lives again!!!as a jeep????hopefully not
bluefever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefever
lmfao,the geo tracker lives again!!!as a jeep????hopefully not
A Tracker would be much more capable than this Fiat. Trackers were very capable 4x4's and had open tops as any offroader should.
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
thatguy383
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert View Post
A Tracker would be much more capable than this Fiat. Trackers were very capable 4x4's and had open tops as any offroader should.
trackers/sidekicks etc are alright but I think the panda would eat a tracker alive. ELSD's front and rear, look at some youtube videos
[SOLD XJ Black, 2 door]
76 CJ5 deep project
[QUOTE=Anticanman;13275373]He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.[/QUOTE]
thatguy383 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #27
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy383 View Post
trackers/sidekicks etc are alright but I think the panda would eat a tracker alive. ELSD's front and rear, look at some youtube videos
i dont think a panda could "eat anything alive." It may be marginally better then a tracker, but in the end, both suck.
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #28
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrangler99 View Post
i dont think a panda could "eat anything alive." It may be marginally better then a tracker, but in the end, both suck.
What are you basing the Trackers suck comment on? My Trackers with aggressive tires have been able to go anywhere my stock Wrangler's could. Granted you can lift a Wrangler a lot more than a Tracker. But stock for stock (or even mildly lifted) I'd say they are equally capable.
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

aside from the drive train components being weak, and being a blah platform, I worked at a chevy dealer back home (buffalo) and had better luck driving the cavaliars around the lot in the snow. They are basically re badge Geo's which were death traps on the highway. They were cheap and got decent fuel economy, but thats about it.

And stock for stock, i wouldnt put them close to a wrangler...
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 02-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #30
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The drivetrain components are sturdy enough given the weight of the vehicle. Similar to how a D35 is sturdy enough for a non lifted Wrangler. If they were bad in the snow it was the fault of the stock tires, not the vehicle. If you haven't actually had one offroad you are not qualified to comment on their capability.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.