2011 Jeep Phoenix (mini 4X4) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 Jeep Phoenix (mini 4X4)

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

2011 Jeep Phoenix (mini 4X4)

Gramps, the mpg is excellent, It be nice if chrysler put a diesel in it or nade it electric......

The cockpit is designed around all of the requirements for handy offroading. Revealed! The 2011 Jeep Phoenix 4x4, a remarkable 1.3 litre, 5 door, four wheel drive mini-Jeep that is going to take the North American market by storm, while still getting almost 59 mpg!

Based on the Fiat Panda Cross 4x4, the Jeep Phoenix is simply rebadged, but completely suited to North American offroad conditions. It is also an exceptional city car that gets far higher mpg than any hybrid on the market, including the Honda Insight and the Toyota Prius. And all that with a conventional gasoline engine with no hybrid technology anywhere!

The new Jeep is very aptly named Phoenix as it is the type of vehicle that will allow Jeep to arise magically from the ashes of the devastated Chrysler. Just days away from what may be the last days of Chrysler, it is important to note that there are virtually no scenarios that allow for the Jeep brand to disappear from the face of the Earth. For many years, Jeep has been the most powerful brand in the Chrysler lineup and it is effectively inconceivable that Jeep will not continue in one way or another even in the death throes of Chrysler: Perhaps as a standalone brand, or maybe as a brand belonging to another major automotive manufacturer

The Panda / Phoenix 4x4 is definitely the way of the future for Jeep. It's a small, incredibly economical and thrifty car that can go anywhere. Yes, its barely 1.3 litre engine would make it the smallest displacement automobile currently sold in the USA with only the Smart Car having a tinier engine, but the Panda / Phoenix delivers. It can very comfortably cruise at highway speeds and the powerplant contains enough grunt to take the little mini-Jeep up frighteningly steep inclines.

With an innovative four wheel drive system which is engaged by viscous coupling with two Electronic Locking Differentials that cut in below 20 mph to brake wheels that find themselves without grip and slipping and proceed to transfer torque to the other wheels, the Panda / Phoenix 4x4 can handle anything the street or the dirt can throw at it.

Here are some specs for the Panda/Phoenix 4x4:

ESTIMATED NORTH AMERICAN PRICE • $10,500

SPECIFICATIONS & OUTPUT

•Body Style • Hatchback
•Doors • Number of • 5
•Seats • Number of • 5
•Engine Displacement (cc) & Cylinders • 1248 / 4
•Valves • Number of • 8

•Gears
•1st • 3.909:1

2nd • 2.158:1

3rd • 1.345:1

4th • 0.974:1

5th • 0.744:1

Reverse • 3.818:1

Final drive ratio • 4.062:1
•4x4 Specs
•Incidence angle • 24°

Exit angle • 42°

Slope angle • 24°

Climbable gradient • 50%
•Type of Fuel • Unleaded
•Maximum Power (bhp @ rpm) • 54 / 5000
•Torque (lb / ft) • 65
•Engine Layout • Front
•Wheel Drive • Four Wheel
•Overall Length (mm) • 3538
•Overall Width (mm) • 1578
•Overall Height (mm) • 1540
•Front Seat Head Room (mm) • 940
•Front Seat Leg Room (mm) • 1010
•Rear Seat Head Room (mm) • 935
•Rear Seat Knee Room (mm) • 585
•Trunk Capacity Seats Up (litres) • 206
•Trunk Capacity Seats Down (litres) • 860
•Turning Radius (m) • 9.1
•Towing Capacity (kg) • 800
•Curb Weight (kg) • 840
PERFORMANCE

•0 to 60 MPH (secs) • 15
•Top speed (MPH) • 93
EQUIPMENT AVAILABILITY & PRICING

EXTERIOR

SECURITY & SAFETY FEATURES

•Automatic Transmission • Option Not Available
•Central Locking System • Standard Equipment
•Power Assisted Steering • Standard Equipment
•Seat Belt Pre-Tensioners • Standard Equipment
•Driver Side Air Bag • Standard Equipment
•Passenger Side Air Bag • Standard Equipment
•Anti Lock (ABS) Brakes • Standard Equipment
•Vehicle Immobilizer • Standard Equipment
•Visible VIN • Standard Equipment
•Secure Spare Tire • Standard Equipment
•Etched Parts • Standard Equipment
•Window Etching • Standard Equipment
•Side Impact Safety Bars • Standard Equipment
•Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers • Standard Equipment
CONVENIENCE & COMFORT FEATURES

•Adjustable Steering Height • Standard Equipment
•Power Front Windows • Standard Equipment
SOUND, NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

•Theft Proof Radio • Standard Equipment
•CD With RDS • Standard Equipment
OPERATING COSTS

•City MPG • 39.2
•Highway MPG • 58.9
•Combined MPG • 49.6
•Fuel Tank Capacity (gallons) • 7.7
•Carbon Dioxide Rating (g / km) • 135
•Estimated Average Insurance • $273.00
•Percentage Value Retained (3 Years / 36,000 mi) • 33.00%
•Estimated Average Monthly Lease Cost • $175.00
•Maintenance Factor • 24
•Estimated Maintenance Cost Over 3 Years • $680.00
•Maintenance Intervals • 9,000 mi
•Manufacturer's Warranty Term • 3 Year / 40,000 mi
Yes, of course, there is no such thing as the 2011 Jeep Phoenix. Not yet anyway. However, this Hub goes to show how there is no need for extensive redesigning and reskinning of some of the best Fiat models. They can go on sale right away, without having to be extensively modified in any way other than to meet North American safety and emissions regulations!

I've driven a Panda for thousands of miles in Europe and can assure anyone that it is a spectacularly capable car, with ridiculous amounts of room considering the overall size of the vehicle, and more than powerful enough to shred any highway speed limit in North America. It is nothing short of an amazing small car and when dressed up in Phoenix 4x4 garb it will make an astounding, proper, suitable, and extremely welcome economy addition to the Jeep lineup.

I'd buy one as soon as they hit the showrooms. They may not be in Chrysler showrooms, but there will be some dealer network somewhere that will carry this exceptional mini 4x4 onroad/offroad great city car!

2011-jeep-phoenix-1.jpg   2011-jeep-phoenix-2.jpg   2011-jeep-phoenix-3.jpg   2011-jeepphonix4.jpg   2011-jeepphoenix5.jpg  

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

2011 Jeep Phoenix
2011-jeepphoenix6.jpg   chry_fiat_580.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Needs a 3" lift and 30" tires . It's got nearly a 16:1 "crawl ratio". Not sure if you can get any 6' people in it either. I don't think I would want to be passed by a semi during a rain storm.

Quote:
I've driven a Panda for thousands of miles in Europe and can assure anyone that it is a spectacularly capable car, with ridiculous amounts of room considering the overall size of the vehicle, and more than powerful enough to shred any highway speed limit in North America. It is nothing short of an amazing small car and when dressed up in Phoenix 4x4 garb it will make an astounding, proper, suitable, and extremely welcome economy addition to the Jeep lineup (just like the Compass was so well received).
1. This ain't Europe.
2. The Compass still isn't accepted by many and this will have problems too.

We'll have to wait and see what real life brings us.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This is why im buying a patriot before its replaced...
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like a smart car and a first gen liberty had a bastard love child
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
schoat333
2008 MK Patriot 

54 hp and 65 ft/lbs of torque..... No thanks.
schoat333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrangler99 View Post
This is why im buying a patriot before its replaced...
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is it me, or does it look like in the 4th pic down, there is something wrong with the rear wheel. Just looks out of place, like someone dropped the body ontop but in a weird position...
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

looks like a POS, if jeep comes out with that, everyone better sell their stock before that!!!!

On a different note, i do like the cockpit design!
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

The compass could get an extra 20mpg better be very capable 4x4 keeping up with everyone else and still get bashed by those wrangler loving Arse clowns.

I generally like wranglers I even own one, but I typically dont like the jerky attitudes owner seem to have against the compass. I can tow my tj with my mk and still get better gas mileagle then my just driving the tj to where ever I am going to off road.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa78 View Post
The compass could get an extra 20mpg better be very capable 4x4 keeping up with everyone else and still get bashed by those wrangler loving Arse clowns.

I generally like wranglers I even own one, but I typically dont like the jerky attitudes owner seem to have against the compass. I can tow my tj with my mk and still get better gas mileagle then my just driving the tj to where ever I am going to off road.
The more I visit the MK side of the forum, the more I see how many MK drivers are pissed at wrangler drivers... This could be due to the fact that, yes, some people can be jerks... But sometimes i think i has more to do with having to "prove" something.

EDIT: this post is no better then the ones made by those "wrangler loving arse clowns" that you seem to hate... In an attempt to make light of something, you have basically become what you hate...
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #12
OntarioPatriot
2008 MK Patriot 

Dear God no.

I can't stand the styling of those so-called Smart cars and the last thing I want to see is a Jeep with a similar look. Guess I'm buying an 2012 Patriot when it rolls out.
Of course a Jeep is an aspirational vehicle, no less then a Porsche or a BMW. You ever hear anyone say wistfully, "Man, I wish I owned a Ford Taurus."? But you mention "Jeep" to someone and they can't help thinking of adventure...
OntarioPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #13
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioPatriot View Post
Dear God no.

I can't stand the styling of those so-called Smart cars and the last thing I want to see is a Jeep with a similar look. Guess I'm buying an 2012 Patriot when it rolls out.
I basically decided that the 70th anniversary edition will be mine
2011 Patriot FD1
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
65th
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lol
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
katuah
1998 XJ Cherokee 

katuah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.