2011 Jeep GC SRT8? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 Jeep GC SRT8?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

2011 Jeep GC SRT8?

Since the 2011 jeep GC and durango are built on the same platform, I am guesstimating the SRT8 will look something like this but with a different front end nose:

dodge_100339894_l.jpg

From minivans to muscle cars, the Dodge brand introduced an entire lineup of new R/T performance models at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show today. These include the Charger, Durango, Challenger, Grand Caravan and Journey models, all of which are now available in sporty R/T trim.

Short for Road & Track, the R/T moniker has been appearing on Dodge models since the 1960s and has traditionally meant a higher level of dynamic capability--something Dodge would like its future customers to recognize.

In addition to exterior design cues and sporty interiors, every Dodge R/T vehicle has unique handling characteristics, high performance engines, special exhaust tuning, sports-tuned suspension and performance tires with high levels of grip.

2011 Dodge Charger R/T and Durango R/T
Enlarge PhotoStarting with the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T, customers get a V-8 muscle sedan with either rear-wheel drive or optional all-wheel drive and a healthy 370 horsepower from its 5.7-liter Hemi V-8.

Pricing for the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T starts at $30,170 (excluding an $825 destination charge).

All-new for 2011 is the Dodge Durango R/T. This performance R/T version of this three-row SUV features a unique suspension tuning, load-leveling rear shocks, performance steering for improved response, a tuned exhaust system, 20 inch wheels and a 360 horsepower 5.7-liter Hemi V-8. The 2011 Dodge Durango R/T model has a starting price of $35,465 (excluding $850 destination).

Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
bluefever

ooo,just what I've always dreamt about a sporty caravan with some nice pinstripes on it and some plastic pedal covers
bluefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
bluefever

heck maybe they'll even put a fart can muffler and 20/22" rims on it so I can be big pimping in the caravan
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
OCS12
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefever View Post
ooo,just what I've always dreamt about a sporty caravan with some nice pinstripes on it and some plastic pedal covers
I'm with you. As soon as I tried to picture the "Road & Track" version of a Caravan my brain just gave up. I suppose it makes sense if you want to do some quick autocrossing on the days you're stuck driving carpool!
OCS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Green4dr
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey you watch yourselves my family has a dodge grand caravan SPORT edition. yea its got the 17'' alloys and a spoiler for added downforce. that thing gets my mom to the grocery store fast as ****
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98xj-classic-springbreak-makeover-1344754
Green4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
heck maybe they'll even put a fart can muffler and 20/22" rims on it so I can be big pimping in the caravan
they already have... ther are aftermarket products for the DC ST..
Unread 02-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

I think they should have they put the Viper V10 motor in the 2012 GC SRT8

Last year we brought you some of the first word on rumors of the next Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. Though it's running a full year behind where it was expected then, the latest rumors of the super-SUV are pointing toward a New York Auto Show debut and a fall 2011 on-sale date.

Specs are as anyone would expect at this point: the 6.4-liter HEMI from other SRT8 vehicles will drop in with around 470 horsepower, and a five-speed paddle-shift automatic will swap cogs. That's a few horses shy of the 500-plus mark rumored last year as well, but it's in line with the rest of the big HEMI range. There will also surely be aftermarket parts to tap whatever reserve lies in the factory tune, or add forced induction for truly ludicrous power.

A new adaptive damping suspension is also tipped to arrive in the Grand Cherokee SRT8, again unsurprising given the standard GC's Quadra-Lift air suspension and its ability to raise and lower its ride height as conditions require. A more performance-tuned version of that system is likely the ticket.

As for performance, the report says 60 mph will come up in the four-second range, and the quarter mile will pass in the 12s. That's solid performance for any street car, much less an SUV.

Expect a unique body treatment, upgraded interior trim, and a price tag in the mid-to-upper $40,000 range. The Grand Cherokee SRT8 could be on sale by late summer or early fall. You can find more details and spy shots of the hot Jeep here.
2012-dodge-charger_100340122_l.jpg  
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
bluefever

next thing someone will tell me is there putting all wheel drive back in it and it's getting a "trail-rated" badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
they already have... ther are aftermarket products for the DC ST..
Unread 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
next thing someone will tell me is there putting all wheel drive back in it and it's getting a "trail-rated" badge
lol.... not trail rated but AWD available. I would make it my daily driver

The primary features of the Dodge 2011 Caravan include:

•A 4-door, up to 7-passenger capacity, with the mid-row bucket seats and a 50/50 split rear bench.
•8-way power driver seat and 2nd-row child safety bucket seats.
•It is available in 5 trims, ranging from the SE FWD to the Anniversary Edition FWD.
•Its anniversary edition is equipped with a standard 3.8-liter, V6, 215-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway.
•A 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.
•A great 3500-lb cargo capacity when all three rows of seats are in place.
The optional features on the different Dodge 2011 Caravan models include:

•Optional Anti-lock Brake System which is optional on the regular-length SXT model, and standard on other Caravans
•Optional front side airbags
•Optional power lift gate, power sunroof, and rear DVD entertainment on Grand eX and SXT models
•Power adjustable pedals, fog lamps and automatic climate control
•The superior all-wheel-drive traction on the Grand Caravan Sport AWD.

In the minivan market the Dodge 2011 Caravan’s competes with Chevrolet Astro Passenger Van, the GMC Safari Passenger Van, and the Toyota Sienna.

The road tests rated it as good because of its powerful V6 engine, good automatic transmissions and fuel economy averaging upto 17.1 mpg with the
Pentastar engine.
dodge_100339890_l.jpg  
Unread 02-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
bluefever

where'd you get this info,couldn't find anything on dodge's website,allpar says motor trend says 2014 possiblity for awd????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
lol.... not trail rated but AWD available. I would make it my daily driver

The primary features of the Dodge 2011 Caravan include:

•A 4-door, up to 7-passenger capacity, with the mid-row bucket seats and a 50/50 split rear bench.
•8-way power driver seat and 2nd-row child safety bucket seats.
•It is available in 5 trims, ranging from the SE FWD to the Anniversary Edition FWD.
•Its anniversary edition is equipped with a standard 3.8-liter, V6, 215-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway.
•A 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.
•A great 3500-lb cargo capacity when all three rows of seats are in place.
The optional features on the different Dodge 2011 Caravan models include:

•Optional Anti-lock Brake System which is optional on the regular-length SXT model, and standard on other Caravans
•Optional front side airbags
•Optional power lift gate, power sunroof, and rear DVD entertainment on Grand eX and SXT models
•Power adjustable pedals, fog lamps and automatic climate control
•The superior all-wheel-drive traction on the Grand Caravan Sport AWD.

In the minivan market the Dodge 2011 Caravan’s competes with Chevrolet Astro Passenger Van, the GMC Safari Passenger Van, and the Toyota Sienna.

The road tests rated it as good because of its powerful V6 engine, good automatic transmissions and fuel economy averaging upto 17.1 mpg with the
Pentastar engine.
Unread 02-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

It should be up on Allpar. It is a chrysler mopar press release.

AWD is here to stay. Apart from Dodge muscle car, awd will be an option on the rest of dodge vehicles.

2011 Dodge Durango Heat

Making its debut today at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show is the all-new 2011 Dodge Durango Heat, a sporty trim level for the big SUV complete with a fuel efficient V-6 engine and aggressive body styling.

In its most basic form, the Durango Heat comes with rear-wheel drive (all-wheel drive is an option) and two-row seating that accommodates five adults comfortably. Power comes from Chrysler’s now-familiar 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and is rated at 295 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque at its peak.

According to Dodge, this is good enough for a tow rating of 6,200 pounds and a fuel economy of 16/23 mpg city/highway for the rear-wheel drive model and 16/22 mpg city/highway for the all-wheel drive model.

In addition to a sporty color-matched bodykit and fog lights, the Durango Heat also gets chrome exhaust tips, 20 mm lower sports-tuned suspension, 20 inch wheels, Uconnect Voice Command and a 506 Watt Alpine stereo system with 10 speakers.

Pricing for the 2011 Dodge Durango Heat starts at $30,295 (excluding destination) and first sales will commence this spring.
2011-dodge-durango-heat_100339907_l.jpg   2011-dodge-r-t-lineup_100339888_m.jpg  
Unread 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
bluefever

looks like a puffed up magnum
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
XJ2Timer

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/11/s...ng-ahead-of-n/

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_srt8.htm
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Superrliberty, I know you said that was from Chrysler, but the 3.8 is no longer available in the Caravan.
Jordon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #15
PappaSmurf

Sorry man that doesn't work for me. Durangos are supposed to be SUV's not tough looking minivans. I look at that and I can't help but think of Michael Jackson singing, "because I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it ..."
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.