2011 Jeep Compass is a baby Grand! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2011 Jeep Compass is a baby Grand!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

2011 Jeep Compass is a baby Grand!

The current Compass is a joke that watered the iconic Jeep brand down and diminished sales, along with the Patriot. But maybe Fiat is turning things around, because if they're not going to drop the model altogether, then this 2011 might be the right direction. If you like the 2011 Grand Cherokee, but want something smaller, then this is the Jeep for you. It's a baby Grand!

Here's what Autoblog.com said:

"The lone spy photo of the 2011 Jeep Compass that was sent in by an astute Autoblog reader did nothing if not leave us wanting for more. Fortunately, more is just what we've been granted today by another eagle-eyed shooter who wishes to remain anonymous.

Again, we can see a nicely restyled front fascia that brings Jeep's entry-level nameplate more in line with the range-topping Grand Cherokee, and that's certainly a welcome improvement. The chrome-highlighted seven-slot grille doesn't look out of place with the Compass' newfound hulky appearance. Looking past the nicely-styled fascia proves what we had surmised would be the case: a profile and greenhouse that are mostly left alone.

That means the Compass will retain the gently sloping roofline and reverse-crimped C-pillar arrangement of the first-gen model... for better or for worse. And while we still can't say for certain, our best guess is that there will be a much nicer interior under that freshened sheetmetal, but likely no significant updates to the powertrain packages.

With auto show season about to kick off in LA, we shouldn't have to wait much longer for a full reveal of the 2011 Compass. Even so, these spy shots make it clear that the next Compass will have its needle pointing dead North in comparison to the much unloved original, and we look forward to finding out how well Jeep is able to differentiate this machine from its platform-mate, the Patriot."

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
WJ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's a little less ugly!!!
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

That sir is NO JEEP

Yup Jeep is done for, its now a faceless nameless blend in ride way to go jeep ruin every thing the other built why not . . .

I don't want areo dynamic high MPG getting Road warrior, i want a Gas guzzling brick built to take a 20yr 200 thousand mile beating like Jeep was invented to do . . .

Neither this Rig nor the Grand Cherokee scream lets go mudding

sorry but that is jeep to me even the Iconic Wrangler is been sissified bells n whistles not needed for the beating it was designed to take

Yep Lady's & Gentleman Jeep is now a Road warrior build for fuel mileage

I Love my 15mpg MJ
Mike
AMCSportTruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No! Chrysler, don't unveil it yet. Tell me it's not done yet. It looks like a bad photochop of a WK2 and a Compass. If I buy a $45,000 Grand Cherokee based on a Mercedes platform, I don't want it to look like a cheap economy car!

You did it right with the original concept:

The above is a very good looking car. It's the one of the only small cars I would not be ashamed to be seen in. I think if it looked like that, and had ~200-250 hp, it would sell very well!
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

I get what your saying, I just think Jeep is getting away from what Jeepers use them for . . . even the Wrangler has to nice of an interior to be taking out in the mud hole . . .

I mean say your out mudding get hung up you get hook up your winch chain strap ect, you going to wanna crawl your mud coated self back into that nice plush cabin ? . . .

Its nice they are going High end sure, But it would be nice if they turned out a few Models for guys like me one's who drive off road and carry tools tool boxes n grease guns oil coolant gear lube ect . . .

Just seems they are going the other way on to many of the Rig's is all
Mike
Unread 11-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
XJ2Timer

To me the grill looks more like the WJ Grill than either the WK or WK2.
Unread 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
To me the grill looks more like the WJ Grill than either the WK or WK2.
I agree the grille looks more like the WJ, but the whole front end looks like the new Grand. You be the judge...

My WJ:

WK:

WK2/WL

2011 Compass:

!!!!!!!FOR SALE!!!!!!!! '02 WJ Graphite Limited 4.7 with all options; IRO 5.5" coils; JKS U/L CAs; RK Adj. TB; MX-6; JKS Discos; JKS BPEs; Hard-KOR SS; KOR Endlinks; Rear Addco; IRO A-arm spacer; BS Ext.; Ext. SRs; 255/75-R17 BFG M/Ts; 17" Chrome Torque Wheels; SpiderTrax; Westin Safari Bar; KC 600 Series HiLites; Rock Rails; Smittybilt TL Guards; Smittybilt Blk Hitch Shackle w/Lock; H.O. Intake/Spectre Cone Filter. http://snipurl.com/7attr
Unread 11-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskis View Post
No! Chrysler, don't unveil it yet. Tell me it's not done yet. It looks like a bad photochop of a WK2 and a Compass. If I buy a $45,000 Grand Cherokee based on a Mercedes platform, I don't want it to look like a cheap economy car!

You did it right with the original concept:

The above is a very good looking car. It's the one of the only small cars I would not be ashamed to be seen in. I think if it looked like that, and had ~200-250 hp, it would sell very well!
NetCarShow's pics never show up, but you were referring to the cooler-looking concept, right?

And the Matchbox Compass Concept (I have 2 different versions) was even cooler!

Unread 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
kenskis
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ Freak View Post
NetCarShow's pics never show up, but you were referring to the cooler-looking concept, right?

Yep, that one. Can you not see the pics in my previous post?
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
Red 03 TJ sport l OME lift l ARB's front & rear l 4.11 gears l 32X11.50" MTR's l Nth Degree Tummy Tucker l SYE & CV l Nth Degree Dana 44 slider l Nth Degree Oil Pan Skid l JKS adjustable front track bar l KC slimlights l Rock Rails l IPF H4 headlights l Dynamat
kenskis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
WJ Freak
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskis View Post
Yep, that one. Can you not see the pics in my previous post?
No. This is what I see:
screen-shot-2010-11-17-5.05.43-pm.jpg  
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
kellyII
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was driving behind one of those today and was wondering just what the world it was. When we stopped I got to looking at it and seen that it was a Compass,

It may carry the jeep name, but its no jeep. Just my .02
kellyII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #12
JeffinWesternWA
2010 JK Wrangler 

would like to see the Fiat 500 with Hyundai reliability and Kia price. Remember so many of 'em in south Europe 2-~ years ago, though back then they weere pretty crude and simple, reminded me of the ol' VW's....THE PAtriots were on sale here, a pretty good buy (no options '10's) $11,996 for stick and $12,995 for autos recently, seems a very good price for the vehcile BTW....
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
bumzo1
2005 WK 

I actually kinda like the look of the patriot but the compass is a slap in the face
Khaki WK Club Member #1
bumzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
00WJGC
2000 WJ 

those of you arguing the Wrangler & other Jeep's are changing too much must want the Jeep to die.

if the new Wrangler was a stripped down 4wheeler sales would nose dive.

in the end it's a business & they have to cater to the masses
00WJGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
AMCSportTruck
1988 MJ Comanche 

Ya well be that as it may, if they turn they're on the Jeepers that made them they'll start losing customer's too

Mike

1982 AM-Jeep J-5500 / 1988 AM-Jeep MJ-343 / 1992 GTA Trans AM / 2007 Honda Rubicon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.