2010 Ford Explorer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2010 Ford Explorer

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
mc22958
2008 WK 

2010 Ford Explorer

Just read an article on the new Ford Explorer for 2010. The pictures look good. Ford changed to the Unibody design with new direct injection turbo gas motors. My point is I hope Jeep is keeping up with the neighbors. I also saw the pictures of the new Hummer. Seems they want to downsize. When do you think they will have a Wrangler type vehicle. So when is Jeep putting the Diesel in the Wrangler?????

Discovery 4.6
mc22958 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Speed911
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So where's the article or the pics?
Unread 01-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
Lee Iaccoca
1994 YJ Wrangler 

They'll get a diesel in there before too long, I'd wager. But its probably going to be in 2014-2016 in the next update of the Wrangler. They're probably going to have to run Diesels in them to help keep DC's average mileage up to fed standards.

The cleaner diesels are coming out across the board for trucks in 2009. Toyota is using them in their Sequoia and domestic landcrusier, too. New models and former gas-only models of some Domestic trucks and SUVs are getting these new diesels also.

Hummer is going to come out with some smaller version, Wrangler knock-off apparently (course the H3 and JK Unlimited already look surprisingly similar as it is). Maybe said Hummer will be something that resembles the JK Wranger 2dr's dimensions (Personally think Hummer is an over-priced BS "cosmetic" ride that doesn't offer anything you can't get from many other manufacturers; do respect the H1 and H1 Alphas, however )

20 years of Ford Explorers. Holy Cow.

Last edited by Lee Iaccoca; 01-20-2008 at 03:54 PM..
Lee Iaccoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
severous01

diesel is under rated and under=used here. it's pathetic. american's complaints of 'noise' and 'smell' are weak measures for not producing the extremely powerful and fuel efficient engines. hell....if the guy's car in front of me smells like mcD's french fries i'm good...but wait...we didnt pay mr big oil company boss anything to make that diesel...we have to fork out the 4 bucks a gallon for crap diesel that stinks of rot.

grrr.....sorry....i'm sick of politics. we need to break through the money market and filling of pockets....push for the technology and forget the price tag. save the world, not your own a$$.

any way, i'd take a diesel over gas any day...but i'd take electric over diesel any time too..unless i'm on a road trip or something.
Unread 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It seems like every car manufacturer has smaller diesels in the works. All the half ton pick ups are getting some would sound sick. They are the size of a small block but have over 400lbs/ft torque at crazy low rpm. I saw it in an article on Diesel Powers web site. I even heard Toyota wants to make one for Camrys. Once there are diesels everywhere the price is going to go up unfortunately. Supply and demand.
Unread 02-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #6
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I found this
http://www.autospies.com/news/2008-D...-iDrive-24989/

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
JillTheThrill
2008 XK Commander 

I don't believe the other companies will ever have a Wranlger type vehicle....it's like they don't understand the Jeep niche....that's what makes Jeep so special....it seems like not too many companies try to compete because the Jeep brand is so distinctive and therefore cannot be imitated.
Unread 03-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well Ford has one,its a yj type jeep, with a diesel, Ford calls it Troller t4, its build-ed in Brazil, web site is troller.com.br, but must see it in action, on youtube.com, its only 2 door model now.
slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
patrick02wj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510 View Post
It seems like every car manufacturer has smaller diesels in the works. All the half ton pick ups are getting some would sound sick. They are the size of a small block but have over 400lbs/ft torque at crazy low rpm. I saw it in an article on Diesel Powers web site. I even heard Toyota wants to make one for Camrys. Once there are diesels everywhere the price is going to go up unfortunately. Supply and demand.
Yea but that means more regular gas for us!!!
Unread 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
yellowford
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc22958 View Post
Just read an article on the new Ford Explorer for 2010. The pictures look good. Ford changed to the Unibody design with new direct injection turbo gas motors. My point is I hope Jeep is keeping up with the neighbors. I also saw the pictures of the new Hummer. Seems they want to downsize. When do you think they will have a Wrangler type vehicle. So when is Jeep putting the Diesel in the Wrangler?????
Hummer is being discontinued after this year or next year unless someone buys them off of GM's hands.

The wrangler might never get a diesel, we'll be lucky when the next design comes around to still have solid front and rear axles.

And where is this article you speek of, the new Ford engines deffinetely have some potential as the new taurus will get a 360 hp twin turbo version.
Unread 05-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
CherokeeOwner
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Explorer? past and possible Explorer models?

Yawns and leaves thread.
CherokeeOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #12
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillTheThrill View Post
... it seems like not too many companies try to compete because the Jeep brand is so distinctive and therefore cannot be imitated.
umm ... have you looked at a Hummer lately? Especially the H3? I don't care what anyone says, the H3 is surprisingly capable.
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.