2 dr. JK is two short - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 2 dr. JK is two short

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

2 dr. JK is two short

I find the 2 dr JK doesn't have the space for 2 adults and cargo, and it needs about 12" added to its length. take a look at this JKL http://www.jklwrangler.com

slow2run is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
chandlerr

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I like it, but I did just go from a tj to a lj. I think they could stand to make the trunk a tiny bit larger as well.

2006 Black LJ Rubicon, mostly stock with 33's... soon to change
chandlerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
cm75
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerr
I like it, but I did just go from a tj to a lj. I think they could stand to make the trunk a tiny bit larger as well.
Too, not two
cm75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
AlexTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No
'97 TJ Sport :4.7L STROKER:RSG AX-15 "Terminator":Accel 30lb/hr injectors:2000 intake manifold:HP Dana 30 & Ford 8.8 w/ stock LSD & 4.11s for now:RE 4.5" SF :OME Shocks:AA SYE & Dana CV shaft: MAXXIS Bighorn MTs 33x12.5R15:SRC Front & rear bumpers w/ tire carrier:Cragar Series 320 15x8s:WARN SDB-210HBs:KC slimlites Long & Fog:Bestop Replace-a-top : No Cat and Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad
AlexTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

For $8500 and a month to do, it is better to just get 4dr JK. Yea its not 2dr but has more space and cheaper.

I was looking for a used 05/06 unlimited. Couldn't find any worth it.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Jenglish
1998 ZJ 

Looks good to me but wow... gets expensive
Jenglish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Ej132
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No, jk already has more room than any other jeep before, already getting to far from jeep heritage, 4drs look like ugly gm hummers
Ej132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It want cost Chysler group 8k to build it, and its not long , it's just right , why would you want buy a 30k 2dr JK ,that you cant get your kids into with your gear ?
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I'm sorry, isn't this why the Unlimited exists? It's, like, a 20-inch-longer Wrangler with more space for things inside?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
mscottz
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm betting at that price it doesn't include a new hard or soft top, and where are you going to find one to fit?
Colorado Jeep Club member #1969
mscottz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
I find the 2 dr JK doesn't have the space for 2 adults and cargo, and it needs about 12" added to its length. take a look at this JKL http://www.jklwrangler.com
I can pack mine for 3-5 days of hard crawling and camping EZyPZY. Con and Dusy take 2to 5 days to do. You should have been around when we did it in CJ2a.........................
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
I can pack mine for 3-5 days of hard crawling and camping EZyPZY. Con and Dusy take 2to 5 days to do. You should have been around when we did it in CJ2a.........................
I think that some people need to re-evaluate why they bought a JEEP and maybe buy some thing else. On that note I'd like to see Jeep return more to its roots and make a CJ7/YJ/TJ size Jeep again.
Nothing against a bigger Jeep, it should just be in addition to not a replacement for.
And yes a 2 door JK is huge for a "Jeep"
spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
slow2run
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Op/ First let me say the new jeep design, may not need tobe lengthing, and with the new pick-up Chrysler Group could add a second JKU ON ITS LONG TRUCK PLATFORM with #3 rows of seats
What I wonder will jeep keep the name JK wrangler or give a new code.
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
2013JKRubicon
2013 JK Wrangler 

I will comment on this to say I believe the 4 door saved jeep from bankruptcy and thus we can still enjoy Jeeps as a whole,Personally I prefer the 2 door JK,I did have a 06 TJ and I feel I gained quite a bit more room in comparison, I have considered a roof rack to accommodate more items. Hey I miss the TJ for driving in tight places but I luv my new JK rides better and I feel it has more offroad capability except for the tight 4 wheeler trails
2013JKRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2run View Post
Op/ First let me say the new jeep design, may not need tobe lengthing, and with the new pick-up Chrysler Group could add a second JKU ON ITS LONG TRUCK PLATFORM with #3 rows of seats
What I wonder will jeep keep the name JK wrangler or give a new code.
Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has stated the next generation Wrangler will not share a platform with any other Chrysler product. That means unique Wrangler frame and such.

As to the other thing, JL or JK2 if I can read their patterns well.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.