09 wrangler engines - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Future Models & Prototype Discussion > 09 wrangler engines

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 04-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #31
JonBoy1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak4life7 View Post
I like how people are saying that they should bring back the 4.0, when they don't even realize that the 3.8 has more power and torque. If you put the 4.0 in a JK, it'd actually be even worse...
YOU are exactly RIGHT.

JonBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #32
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasAxe View Post
But you need to run the 3.8 at redline to get the extra horsepower. The 4.0 (and even the 4.2 with FI) produce a better horsepower/torque ratio at lower rpm's. Thats why it's better to swap in a diesel or V8 rather than a turbo charged 4 banger.
Actually, if you look at the torque curves, the 3.8 makes the same amount of torque at idle as the 4.0. It just maintains that toques as the RPM's go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy1 View Post
YOU are exactly RIGHT.
I love the 4.0 as much as anyone else, but I just can't stand people (it seems like it's mostly the TJ people) who jump on the JK/3.8 Bashing bandwagon when they don't know squat. Whats even worse is I see posts saying "I hate the new engine in the JK, I think it's a 3.7." If you don't even know what engine is in it, then how can you hate it?

I test drove a JK once last year and I was very impressed. The 3.8 had enough power for me. It wasn't a dragster, but it had plenty of guts. I was expecting it to be a complete dog from what people have said on the forums.

-Chris LeDoux

I never could figure what the sky was thinking, but the soil, she don't keep too many secrets.
LJameson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #33
440_Magnum
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ2Timer View Post
You can't really keep a V6 balanced if you shut down cylinders.
Shutting down cylinders by deactivating the valves DOES NOT alter engine balance whatsoever. To keep it smooth you always have to shut down 1/2 the total number of cylinders so where a v8 will deactivate 4 cylinders, an I6 or v6 will deactivate 3.
440_Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.