zj steering swap - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > zj steering swap

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #16
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I cannot add anymore to that response it was pretty much perfect Mwildman nailed it on the head.

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
I cannot add anymore to that response it was pretty much perfect Mwildman nailed it on the head.
Thanks for the props, egodfrey!
Mwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have never run a v8 tie rod but I believe they are not just a straight piece, I believe they have some shape from the factory. I'm sure ill be corrected if I'm wrong but I believe they look different from a xj one so don't freak out.

Like I said they I have never run one so someone correct me if I'm wrong

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
I have never run a v8 tie rod but I believe they are not just a straight piece, I believe they have some shape from the factory. I'm sure ill be corrected if I'm wrong but I believe they look different from a xj one so don't freak out.

Like I said they I have never run one so someone correct me if I'm wrong
You're absolutely right. They are bent down in the center, sort of like a wide, flat, goofy smile.
Mwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #20
StreckXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This is a photo of a TJ but it essentially the same for the XJ. The V8 ZJ tie rod has a slight bent around the front gearbox but is much thicker and stronger than the XJ.

2001 XJ
200k+ miles.
StreckXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.