Yeah, another "jeep won't start" thread...searched to no avail - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Yeah, another "jeep won't start" thread...searched to no avail

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-24-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
freerider15

Yeah, another "jeep won't start" thread...searched to no avail

Alright, I could use some help on this one. Well This morning when I woke up to go to football training, the XJ (1998)...started up fine, drove fine...etc. Well I parked it afterwards and went about my normal classes for the day. Well I go to drive to work, annnnnd it won't start. I noticed that I had left my dome light on, so I figured a good jump...and i'de be good. Well I tried jumping it (Optimia Red Top)...and that didn't work. The engine without the jump, would seem kinda sluggish, like it needed more juice. Well if I give it gas while trying to turn it over, it will just roar up and revv (have to hold down pedal), but as soon as I let go...boom its dead again. I went and whacked the starter, but no difference there. I was thinking well maybe I'm low on gas...but them it wouldnt be able to roar up would it? Would it be the CPS, I hope not...(po' college student ). Any ideas or leads???

October ROTM 2005 Modified Class...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/october-2005-cherokees-month-197893/
freerider15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
JVracer04

check the vac line goin to your MAP sensor

when u first tried to start it , did it crank at all?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.