XJ Windshield Wiper Problem. PLEASE HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ Windshield Wiper Problem. PLEASE HELP

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
mikeyfalcons

XJ Windshield Wiper Problem. PLEASE HELP

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and when I engage the wipers for the front windshield to spray them, the wipers go on and work but the motor does no engage, but when I do the rear wipers, the motor engages, nothing comes out and the wiper doesn't work. I am seriously puzzled. Please help

mikeyfalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 06:02 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Either one or both of the pump motors are failed, or one or both of the hoses have become disconnected.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
droz
1997 XJ Cherokee 

on my 97 it happened to be the motors, both failed at what appeared be the same time (I rarely have a need to use the washer fluid in the rear) but happened to need it and didn't work along with the front on the same day, 2 new motors from autozone for $20 total and I was back in business
droz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
mikeyfalcons

I'm looking at motors right now on eBay and they are between 80-100 dollars
mikeyfalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

$11-23 at RockAuto.com, probably about the same at your local parts store.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
droz
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I was gonna say rock auto, or locally autozone, napa, advance auto, o'reillys, even pep boys has them I do believe
droz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.