XJ Suspension Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ Suspension Lift

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
UF_97_XJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

XJ Suspension Lift

I'm looking for a little lift for my 97 XJ, I'd say I'm an intermediate wrencher. Looking to get some feedback about this lift.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3.html

Pros, cons? Pics?

UF_97_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pros? Rough Country is pretty inexpensive...

Cons? The people I know that have experience with Rough Country don't like them for the poor ride quality. I don't have any experience personally because I don't run one, but my cousin runs one on his TJ and is very disappointed and the shop that I've been dealing with for over 10 years that I trust very much recommends against them for that reason also.
samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ride quality isn't Rough Countries fault. And I'm not a fan nor a hater of them. Different things are going to affect the ride. Any AAL kit is meant to hit a certain price point so they give you a rear AAL instead of a full leaf pack which would be another $250 bucks, but the full kit would also give you a slightly more gentle ride. No companies AAL's kits are going to be the smothest thing you can buy. I've had Rough Countries and Rusty's and as long as you have a full length AAL that's about as smooth a ride as you can get for only spending $250 on a lift. Basically you are increasing the angle of your control arms and bending the rear factory springs further to gain your lift. Nothing wrong with that, I run that exact kit. But it's not going to ride like a stock Cherokee, but it ain't bad at all. I would call it "sportier". Going down the road 95% of the time you won't notice a thing. Mine was even a little less "wollowy" over dips in the road etc. If you hit a large nasty pot hole, it's going to jar you only slightly harder than it did when it was stock. But that's about it. Honestly these kits are the best suspension deal in the entire world, 4 shocks, 2 springs and 2 AAL's, riding 3" higher for $250 bucks......you can't complain.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cons , lift , pics , pros , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.