XJ stalling problem... help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ stalling problem... help!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
jimbone007
1998 ZJ 

XJ stalling problem... help!

Hey everyone.My wife's 95 xj has been having this issue for a while but its strange maybe some of you can help me figure it out.OK, last year when she was driving it stalled and started back up about 15 times in 17 miles.I got it home and change the cps.tested it out and it ran fine for about 2 months.Then one day while driving home it died on her while driving it again so i went to see what the problem was and why it wouldnt start back up.i ended up having to jump it.took it home clean the battery terminal which werent that bad.then about a month later it stalled and has been doing so a couple time a week for the past 2 months.some times it will only start back up in nuetral which makes me think its the nss.she said it is sluggish off the start and usually stalls when she stops and goes so i change the tps.agian it was good for about 2 weeks but just last night it stalled 3 time on our road and 2 times in our driveway ( we have a long driveway). she drove it to work today just fine.....she says it seems to die when she is going slow but every where it dies seems to be uphill I think also she doesnt drive it more than 30 miles so maybe it has something to do with it being up to temp? Im lost here.ANY IDEAS!?!?!

Thanks agian everyone is always so helpful here

jimbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.