XJ Screamers-The cherokee audio thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ Screamers-The cherokee audio thread

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #121
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

No clicky clicky.... first time doing this too!!

I have the same speakers in the roof!!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #122
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=rettags;6492030]You guys inspired me to drop new speakers in the soundbar and a couple in the rear doors. I took your advice and installed the door speakers in line with the roof ones. Mounting them in the doors was pretty straight forward, but I did need to trim about .25-.5" from the inside of the door as the opening wasn't quite big enough. I went with some Alpine Type R 5 1/4" coaxials, mostly for the fact that they are real inexpensive and because I already have the matching components and subs.

good install, and one of the few speaker sets that doent clash with the jeep interior, i was really limited in mine because i dont like to see speakers (even my visible tweets bug the crap out of me) but i must say i like it.

Congrats, thanks for the pics, and glad we could be of service! our of curiousity did you wire them in series or in parallel?
bluejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #123
monkmonk

i have some jl 13's im gunna put in mine once i get it running
monkmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #124
rettags
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
good install, and one of the few speaker sets that doent clash with the jeep interior, i was really limited in mine because i dont like to see speakers (even my visible tweets bug the crap out of me) but i must say i like it.

Congrats, thanks for the pics, and glad we could be of service! our of curiousity did you wire them in series or in parallel?
I wired them in series. Normally I would have just tapped into the the stock harness for the door speakers, but you guys gave some good advice and also mentioned that the rears are more for filler and don't need so much power.

I was a little apprehensive about mounting the speakers like I did. But I figure I could always paint the covers to match the gray interior if it bothered me that much.
rettags is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #125
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
What is everyone else running where you live if 400 watts is the loudest in your city?
Um, my first system I was only running 150w to each 15 (2)...and i won many comps with it

Power rating isnt everything. I currently have the JL 500/1, and I have no plans on going with anything higher than that. Its just a very high quality amp than can really push the subs when i want it to.
Unread 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #126
kboyts
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rettags View Post
I wired them in series. Normally I would have just tapped into the the stock harness for the door speakers, but you guys gave some good advice and also mentioned that the rears are more for filler and don't need so much power.

I was a little apprehensive about mounting the speakers like I did. But I figure I could always paint the covers to match the gray interior if it bothered me that much.
Looks good man, glad everything worked out good for you.

Ok Now I have a question. Anyone know of an affordable sub( preferably a 10) that will work in a sealed enclosure around .3 to .5 cu ft ?
kboyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #127
Element96x
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post
What is everyone else running where you live if 400 watts is the loudest in your city?
I know most of the cherokee owners around here and they all have crap
Element96x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #128
NickThePyro
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I might as well join in on this fun.

Currently installed
Boston SX55 front and rear
Pioneer DEH-P690UB
30 Gig Ipod

Sitting in my room, installing next weekend hopefully
FI 12" Q w/ BP Power option
Kicker ZX1000.1
Kicker ZX 350.4
30 feet of 0 Gauge wire
Optima Yellow Top
(2) $20 battery terminals
Pro RCA cables and other needed stuff
50' 14G Streetwire

A lot of stuff not pictured
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #129
fenderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickThePyro View Post
I might as well join in on this fun.

Currently installed
Boston SX55 front and rear
Pioneer DEH-P690UB
30 Gig Ipod

Sitting in my room, installing next weekend hopefully
FI 12" Q w/ BP Power option
Kicker ZX1000.1
Kicker ZX 350.4
30 feet of 0 Gauge wire
Optima Yellow Top
(2) $20 battery terminals
Pro RCA cables and other needed stuff
50' 14G Streetwire

A lot of stuff not pictured

Fi is a great sub i have a single 12 (ssd) in mine and its pushing 900Watts
fenderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #130
fenderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboyts View Post
Looks good man, glad everything worked out good for you.

Ok Now I have a question. Anyone know of an affordable sub( preferably a 10) that will work in a sealed enclosure around .3 to .5 cu ft ?
AN Fi SSD sub would do great
heres the link
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript
fenderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #131
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

bluejunior i think your a homo. there isnt a audiophile or a hardcore car audio guy who runs a prefab ported box. also a true audiophile has front stage and MAYBE rear fill, but never a full compo set in the rear. i will give you creadit for conjuring up the idea to put rear speakers on the rear doors of an XJ, but rear speakers are for back seat passaganger and **** with sound staging. also dude, you need to hop off the mainstream band wagon. start lookin into companies like RE audio,USamps, Marcom car audio, RD, Sundown, Stetsom, Fi, DD, Hertz **** i could go on for hours naming brands youve never hurd off. also clean up your wiring for your amp. a car audio guy takes pride in his own personal install, your wiring should be neat and proper lenght.
this a 10000 watt stetsom amp. the same amp thats used to set world SPL records

custom build ported box for my friends NEON

box thats in my S10

XJ Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #132
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

XJ Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #133
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

*XJ Jay*
HAHA ouch dude. The wiring on my pictures thats visible is rca cables i didnt feel like cutting and re-soldering and jumper cables, its under my rear seat and i may want to move my amp later, not like its visible normally. I despise my sub setup but its better than nothing. As for the front/rear soundstage comment, my rear is fill, some cheap small Polk DB's and some alpines with no sealed echo chambers cant compete at all with the soundstage created by my component momos up front. But seriously, all I wanted to do was create a thread that lets people pick up some ideas, from me and those who have heard of things I never have. The fact that you find it more worthwhile to put me down than attempt to contribute something useful is frankly just sad. Congratulations, you're the biggest *** on the thread

Last edited by bluejunior; 02-04-2009 at 02:36 AM..
Unread 02-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #134
bluejunior
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I would however like to note that the crossection of the homemade ported box is a welcome addition for those who've never made one so thanks for that.
Unread 02-04-2009, 07:05 AM   #135
kboyts
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderman View Post
AN Fi SSD sub would do great
heres the link
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript
Impressive sub but I wouldnt have enough amp to power it I think I need something a little more efficient as the amp will only put out around 150 at 2ohm
kboyts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio , audio components , jeep xj sound , sound system , stereo system

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.