XJ Screamers-The cherokee audio thread - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ Screamers-The cherokee audio thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #691
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeejay View Post
I thought I saw a round one once... Guess not. Haha. I'm looking at possibly a sundown.
Yes go with the Sundown! Which line sundown are you looking at, the SA series?

Also take a look at soundqubed, aka audioque.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #692
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post

Yes go with the Sundown! Which line sundown are you looking at, the SA series?

Also take a look at soundqubed, aka audioque.
Looking at SA. Not sure how they perform sealed, though.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #693
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm running 900w and my volts meter drops on higher volumes, it doesn't move to much but enough that at night it makes my already ****ty headlights dim.
Can I prevent this by upgrading my wiring from the battery to the alternator, grounds, and my headlight harness?
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #694
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
I'm running 900w and my volts meter drops on higher volumes, it doesn't move to much but enough that at night it makes my already ****ty headlights dim.
Can I prevent this by upgrading my wiring from the battery to the alternator, grounds, and my headlight harness?
You need a power cap. 1 farad is all you need for 900w. I use a 1.5 farad cap and I'm pushing 2000w, works great, but barely enuf.
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #695
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller
The big 3 is always a good upgrade (upgrade wires from alt to battery, chassis ground to battery and engine ground). How much does the voltage drop? If it is dropping a lot then I would suggest you first check and make sure you amp ground is a good ground.

The only way to prevent the dimming is to upgrade the charging system but an extra battery can help hide the lacking charging system.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #696
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Okay, I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong. I've posted on other audio forums, and people just say XJs suck for midbass because of how the standing waves are. I believe this because if I put my head over the steering wheel, or below chest level of my driver/passenger seat, there is midbass. If I open either front door, there is midbass. If I have my head where it normally would be when driving or in the passenger seat, there is absolutely no midbass. The peak of the deadzone is 80 Hz, where there isn't a response at all. My sub with its box should peak around 70-75 Hz, and I have my crossovers set so the sub goes above 80 Hz and the speakers go below 80 Hz. I'm not sure if I have to relocate speakers to fix the midbass, or if I'm just SOL. Any ideas?
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #697
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Okay, I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong. I've posted on other audio forums, and people just say XJs suck for midbass because of how the standing waves are. I believe this because if I put my head over the steering wheel, or below chest level of my driver/passenger seat, there is midbass. If I open either front door, there is midbass. If I have my head where it normally would be when driving or in the passenger seat, there is absolutely no midbass. The peak of the deadzone is 80 Hz, where there isn't a response at all. My sub with its box should peak around 70-75 Hz, and I have my crossovers set so the sub goes above 80 Hz and the speakers go below 80 Hz. I'm not sure if I have to relocate speakers to fix the midbass, or if I'm just SOL. Any ideas?
I've got my LPF at 120hz, HPF at 100hz. But I'm only running 5 1/4"s and the 10" subs.
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #698
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I've got my LPF at 120hz, HPF at 100hz. But I'm only running 5 1/4"s and the 10" subs.
And I assume you have no deadzone around 80Hz?
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #699
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

My Alpine deck has a Bass Center Frequency. I happen to have that set at 80hz, so no, it kicks you in the head everytime it hits 80.
Unread 08-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #700
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My Alpine deck has a Bass Center Frequency. I happen to have that set at 80hz, so no, it kicks you in the head everytime it hits 80.
So does mine unless you're in the driver or passenger seat. I don't really get it.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #701
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Please forgive the interruption, but I have a question about the filters (low pass / high pass) in a head unit and what they affect.
Do they only affect the head unit's amplified outputs, or do they also affect the preamp outputs??
It's a Kenwood KDC-MP6025 if that helps...
TIA
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #702
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAe23 View Post
Please forgive the interruption, but I have a question about the filters (low pass / high pass) in a head unit and what they affect.
Do they only affect the head unit's amplified outputs, or do they also affect the preamp outputs??
It's a Kenwood KDC-MP6025 if that helps...
TIA
On mine, HPF affects speakers, and LPF affects the sub. Should be the same for yours.
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #703
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

So does mine unless you're in the driver or passenger seat. I don't really get it.
Which way are your subs facing? Comparing my setup to how most people would set up 2 10"s...is unfair.
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #704
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Which way are your subs facing? Comparing my setup to how most people would set up 2 10"s...is unfair.
I've had rear facing ported and currently have a side facing cubby sub. Had issues both ways.

CoTM March 2014
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #705
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I've had rear facing ported and currently have a side facing cubby sub. Had issues both ways.
I always hated that my "bass obsession was in the way of using my cargo space. So I designed my own extreme custom install. I took a "wall" concept and moved it all the way back to being a false floor. All the detailed pics are in my build thread, if the pics are still there.

Tags
audio , audio components , jeep xj sound , sound system , stereo system

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.