xj overheating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > xj overheating

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
skimsurf
1990 YJ Wrangler 

xj overheating

alright so here's what I did. my 96 xjs heater sucked. I flushed the core did away with the control valve and ran a bit of water through the pump thru the whole system to make sure it circulated. come to find out the problem was the vent on the blower. I zip tied it open and the heater worked great. the next day I started it waited for it to warm up and it didn't. it overheated. I changed both the water pump and the thermostat and ran the return line of the pump into the suction still overheats. it has plenty of coolant just kinda stuck. maybe the water froze somewhere? its been really cold where im at. any ideas? im gonna get at it wednesday im out of town now just need an idea here. help!

skimsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
adkjeepxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There has got to be a blockage someplace, Did you burp the system after doing all this work, air in the system would produce these symptoms.
adkjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
tjwalker
It's the crank sensor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Did you have a verified concentration of coolant to water?

Replace radiator cap if hasn't been done recently. A $5.00 investment that is often overlooked.

Radiator is in play here. Either frozen or faulty.
tjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.