XJ no start, code P1694, possible CPS or SKIM - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ no start, code P1694, possible CPS or SKIM

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Update: Changed CPS.

Still no start, however, if I crank it and then stop and it's on the ON position and I crank it again it was try to start to run to the point where I can give it a little throttle to try and get it to run but it just won't seem to.

I am at a lost here.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm still getting the P1694 whenever I crank it on the first time, but on the second time there's no CEL.

I am currently using a new PCM from another Jeep.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #17
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
P1694 No CCD Messages Received From ECM. Bus communication failure to PCM.
P1694 is probably a short circuit or broken wire on one of the 5 volt sensors. Look for broken wires, loose or dirty connections, chafed or melted insulation, etc.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yes, but why does it try to start?

Should I just place my assumptions on the CPS and just go ahead and hard wire it directly to the wire harness near the PCM?

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

Unread 07-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #19
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Does it cranks and crank or does it actual fire a few cylinders ? If it fires, use the gas pedal to get it started and keep it running. The ECU/PCM may have re-booted and deleted the idle settings. A 10 minute drive will let the ECU/PCM re-learn and then it will idle normally.

If you can't get rid of the P1694 you will have to physically inspect the wire harnesses for damage.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #20
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well it'll crank and crank.

And then when I stop and restart then it'll start to try to run.

I think when I try to run it I'm just going to go WOT and try to get it to start and then once it starts it'll probably program everything within the PCM.

I just don't understand the cranking the first part time.

Ronald Reagan

Tags
no , start , p1694 , cps , skim , cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.