XJ headlight and dash light issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ headlight and dash light issue

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
eckley25
1996 XJ Cherokee 

XJ headlight and dash light issue

I have a 96 XJ sport and i just replaced my head light switch...i still dont have head lights, parking lights or dash lights... the only lights that work with switch are the interior dome lights... i have brake and turn signals and hazards aswell... i checked the fuse and the fuse is good but i have no power at the fuse block at all..

eckley25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Check the fuse block under the hood, near the battery. Test your fuses, dont just look at them, and check where they plug in.

For your headlights, check the connector under the airbox, it may be very corroded and nasty.
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
miteofthesun
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Same exact thing happened to me when I changed my headlight switch out...for me it was fuse #15 in the driver's side fuse panel...be sure to check all of them though, there are several fuses that affect your instrument panel lights.
miteofthesun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.