XJ HAULIN' Pictures !! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ HAULIN' Pictures !!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille

Unread 10-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
ATS

XJ HAULIN' Pictures !!

I know we have a large thread about rockclimbing and mud-dawbbin' jeeps, but how about, haulin' ? I am sure many of you haul somethign behind your jeep from time to time... get us a picture !

I haul a 2000lbs 2 horse trailer, I have a class III-IV Draw-Tite Hitch with 2" receiver, fully adjustable knuckle with load adjusting bars, and anti-sway bar system. The trailer has full brake system activated by a draw-tite Activator II system, on 6 pins connection. The Jeep is normal Height mounted on Rancho RS5000 Shocks all around, with Half-Leaf Add-a-leaf for additional load help on the rear.

Here is the picture of the setup.

[COLOR=Blue]Texas[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] Jeep[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed] Owners[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Club[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] Member[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed] # 1[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109213]CLICK TO JOIN![/URL]
2001 Blue Cherokee Sport, [COLOR=Blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #90[/COLOR].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSN: [email]pbureau69@hotmail.com[/email], AIM: pbureau69, Yahoo: pbureau69[/SIZE]
ATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 10:19 AM   #2
JustinGJ

Stock suspension, dana 35 on bumpstops, trailer hitch 1/2 inch off of road. No trailer brakes or lights. Feels like a tugboat going down the road with roughly 3.5 pounds on the front tires. Luckily I only needed to go about 5 miles.
Custom grille guard
JustinGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
kg4fku

Man you were killing that poor truck. You had a tandem trailer. Why didn't you just move the car on the trailer further to the rear to lighten the load on the tongue of the trailer? The trailer is designed to take the weight of the load and destibute it to the dual axles and not the tow vehicle.
kg4fku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #4
MoabXJ

This usually has a '01 XJ in front of it, but here's a pic with the '98 ZJ.

Just your average Coleman pop-up. Those little tires have spun about 40,000 miles in the last couple years.:clapping:

They also tow a 18' trailer (ATVs, etc) and a 17' ski boat from time to time, but the Durango usually gets the honors.
MoabXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
Mikey B

Reminds to get a picture the next time the boat is on the back..

Doesn't look as bad as the Waggy, but I have a 21" grady white with a tandem axle, with brakes, its not bad towing, I just don't go down the ramp with it.

Where I launch it has a tractor for that duty..

mikey b
Hella 500's | Hella Micro FF | "Walmart light bar"
[B][I]
R.I.P.[/I][/B]
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 05:56 PM   #6
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoabXJ
This usually has a '01 XJ in front of it, but here's a pic with the '98 ZJ.

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/tomrace/JeepCanyon.jpg

Just your average Coleman pop-up. Those little tires have spun about 40,000 miles in the last couple years.:clapping:

They also tow a 18' trailer (ATVs, etc) and a 17' ski boat from time to time, but the Durango usually gets the honors.
Your camper has more mud on it than the ZJ!

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 05:58 PM   #7
notfast

how much an a 5.2 grand cherokee tow?
notfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
xjgrn

I dont know, how much your Zj can tow, but keep in mind what or who ever you have in the vehicle also counts in that weight. Besides how it may look with the trailer, you have a fair amount of power. Its stopping that can get out of hand!! I drive an 18 wheeler, and see alot of unfortunate situations, because people are towing overloaded trailers and rigs that cant handle the most simple traffic situations. Remember, on the trail or the road, drive with your head, and not your foot. Take care
xjgrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 08:11 PM   #9
ATS

xgm : Hear! hear !

Safety first .. always... I used to drive a Cab with a short trailer (trailer cab with 22 footer) for in town deliveries. and I hear ya ...
[COLOR=Blue]Texas[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] Jeep[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed] Owners[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Club[/COLOR][COLOR=Black] Member[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed] # 1[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109213]CLICK TO JOIN![/URL]
2001 Blue Cherokee Sport, [COLOR=Blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #90[/COLOR].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSN: [email]pbureau69@hotmail.com[/email], AIM: pbureau69, Yahoo: pbureau69[/SIZE]
ATS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.