XJ Crank position sensor....help me please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > XJ Crank position sensor....help me please

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
craigincali

XJ Crank position sensor....help me please

My 1987 4.0L is suffering from the typical CPS symptoms but, I havenot been able to find it and my local Jeep dealer has told me that an 1987 XJ does NOT have a CPS.

I know where it is supposed to be.

My question is: Does my car have one or not??

Secondly, If not then why would my coil get power sometimes and other times nothing??

Very confused....

Craig

craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

87 does have it. Follow the trans tunnel up and it's mounted tword the top of the housing. The dealer is thinking about the 84-86 and I wouldn't have them work on my XJ if they didn't know that little jewel.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
craigincali

Thanks!! I was pretty sure it did.
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.