Xj CEL light on after changing all the fuses - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Xj CEL light on after changing all the fuses

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Azxjeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Xj CEL light on after changing all the fuses

I recently decided to change all the fuses on my xj in the fuse box in the passenger side panel. Inadvertantly I didnt disconnect my battery before doing this. I know, major mistake. After putting the fuses back, The check engine light came on. As a result my aux radiator fan is not engaging. I have replaced the fuse under the hood, and ran a bypass to check if the fan works and it does.however it does not come on when the temp gets to 210.it doesnt come on at all. What did I do to the ecm? im at a loss. Please help.

Azxjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would suppose that you forgot to re-install a fuse, perhaps the one for the e-fan, or that the e-fan fuse blew.

To test the e-fan system, disconnect the wire plug from the Coolant temperature Sensor on the thermostat housing, if the e-fan starts up, everything is OK. The e-fan normally comes on at about 215-218*.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

#10 fuse in the JB is the one you want to look at. If you don't have a JB diagram, it's the 5th fuse up from the bottom, on the forward bank of fuses. A 15 Amp fuse.

November 4th, Don't forget to take the trash out

If we have data, letís look at data. If all we have are opinions, letís go with mine.
CCKen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cel , cooling issue , fan , radiator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.