Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ cage from T&J

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bho 
#1 ·
No, I don't have one. The newest issue of 4wd and Sport Utility Magazine has a small write up on thier 8 point cage for an XJ.

Looks nice and it shouold give a good idea of what is need to tie in the pillars on a XJ.

Here's a link to thier site:
http://www.tandjperformance.com/products-bpp-xj-cage.htm

#7 ·
those cages have been around for a little while. check out the tennesseeoffroad one too. not too many people have them cause they really aren't all that great. none of them tie into the frame and the floors of XJ's aren't exactly the strongest places to support a roll cage. they also lack triangulation which is crucial for a strong roll cage.

With that being said, I think they are good "bases" to build onto. One could easily add triangulation and tie it into the frame through the floor for a stronger cage. When I get to my internal cage, I will either build my own completely from scratch (if I have the time) or start with one of those kits.

#8 ·
I haven't read all of the article, but as I have mentioned before, most places will weld the perches on. The bolting is more for placement.

They fab up the sections and weld the cross pieces together. then weld them in and either weld the bars that connect them together or they bolt the connecting bars to each cross bar/pillar section.

At least that's how they do most of the performance car cages.

#9 ·
yea, i read the article today at borders. it just seems to be missing several cross bars that triangulate and then it would probably be ok, as long as the cage goes through the floor to the frame.

if you are going to put one of those cages in, you have to weld....so you might as well go the extra mile and weld some extensions to mate the cage to the frame. just my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.