Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

XJ 98 need help with rough idle

Tags
idle rough stop
677 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  weboneando 
#1 ·
XJ starts normally then when starting to move it does some "coughfs"and after that apparently everything is fine, but idle misbehaves, sometimes it gets accelerated others simply completely stalls, last drive whenever I got to complete stop the engine died, it starts back again normally until I advance and get to another stop.

I've already replaced recently MAP sensor, IAC valve, TPS sensor, CPS sensor, 6 moths ago fuel pump, a couple weeks ago spark plugs and cables were replaced along with oil, air and oil filters, also brakes main cylinder.

I suspected fuel pump but pressure seems to be fine, while checking at it I noticed that acceleration is not sustained if I press full throttle which seems wrong to me, I made a small video of it:

Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
OK checked O2 wiring and everything is fine.

Read error report from computer:
P0108: Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input

So MAP sensor goes to the trash can (not MOPAR) and a Mopar one is on the way.

Also reading around seems like cat converter is also failing so decided to replace it, the current one was already there when I bought the XJ 10 years ago. So locally I could only find a Flowmaste 2230125 223 series , should this work fine for the XJ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.