Write up for 1996 XJ Cherokee: Installing an alarm - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Write up for 1996 XJ Cherokee: Installing an alarm

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Loveland-WJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Write up for 1996 XJ Cherokee: Installing an alarm

The purpose of this is to have a remote to unlock/lock my doors. You can call me lazy or too lazy to unlock the door with a key. I did some searching around online and did not find much on what I was looking for hooking up an alarm. So, after all the hard work and time guessing at this I though it would be nice to teach others what I have learned to save you time.

I purchased a cheap alarm: Scy Tek G20 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...cyTek-G20.html
I also need to covert the alarm from (-) negative to (+) positive door locks. So, I picked upped a Scy Tek Inverter http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-INVERTER.html
this just plugs right in the alarm unit, simple.

Here a pic of what the alarm Wiring Diagram

This is pretty close to most if not all car alarms.

Power:
Red and Yellow wires went here:

Black: Went to a ground screw

The Locks:
Green and Blue wires went here:

This is located on the Driver’s side kick panel.
Hook the Green to Orange/purple wire:

Hook the Blue to Pink/purple:

Door Trigger:
Purple and Green wire* Just needed to use the Green (-) one only! This is located on the Driver’s side kick panel. Hook it on the main side. Not the side that going to the driver’s door.

The Horn:
Brown and Brown/white
Brown (+) goes to you alarm Siren (+) side.
Brown/white (-) 500mA to Black/red
This is located here:

The Flasher:
White (+)
White (+) goes to the Blue/red (same location as above)

The Orange Wire:
Orange – Ground when Armed output (-) 500mA
This one took me forever to find. The purpose of this wire is when the car turns on, the door lock automatically. The alarm will also unlock the doors when the ignition is turned off.
Orange wire was hook to the Black/red wire (the red relay on the relay panel).

Other wires:
DID NOT USE:
Blue – hood/trunk
Black/white- dome light (I wish I could of hook this up!)
Gray - aux 1
Purple –door trigger (+)

Thanks for reading!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.