Would 255/75/17 tires fit a stock '99 XJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Would 255/75/17 tires fit a stock '99 XJ?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
cher0kee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Would 255/75/17 tires fit a stock '99 XJ?

A friend of mine will sell me a set of tires from his '11 Wrangler they are 255/75/17 rims included. Would these fit on my stock '99 Cherokee? He said the bolt pattern is the same. I have done a few searches and couldn't find any real answers so I figured I better throw it on here. I bought the Jeep for at the cabin and am not the most informed on lifts, suspension, etc. If they would not fit stock, what easy lift would accommodate these? Or am I completely clueless and it would require a major overhaul?

As always- thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my question! This site is a tremendous resource!

cher0kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
RainShadow
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Tire/rim size

I would say NO. I am going to try and SQUEEZE 245/75/16 under my stock
XJ and I might have to trim a little for those. I really doubt the size you are talking about will fit. If you really look at it -- the wheel opening for XJ's is
pretty small.

good luck, Randy from Oceanside, CA
RainShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
FISTFULL
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You are going to need a lift, but also wheel adapters. The bolt patterns are different. Yours are 5 on 4.5. 07 and new wranglers are 5 on 5.
99 Sport, 3.5" RE front coils and Quadratech HD rear leafs with RE AAL, Rusty's shocks. RE HD ADJ Track Bar. RE Hack n Tap SYE. 32"Falken Mountain Peak AT's on 15x8 (4.5"bs) procomp rockcrawlers. YJ Front Brake Lines. 2.5" IRO catback with Magnaflow cat. C4x4 Tow Hooks. Rear Diff Guard. Warn Front Diff Guard and TC Skid. Yakima rack. Mega Warrior Safari Rack. Cobra CB. AJ's Rocker Guards. JCR Stage 1 rear bumper. JCR Stage 4 front bumper. ORE front steering box brace.
FISTFULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yes they will fit, However you will need wheels with back spacing in the 4" - 3.75" range. You will also need to Trim the fenders, And extend the bumpstops !

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.