Wj swap using Jk tie rods? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Wj swap using Jk tie rods?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Mike934

Wj swap using Jk tie rods?

I've read these have the same taper as the stock wj stuff correct? Wj stuff also matches xj stuff.

But from my understanding, the Jk ends were bent different to clear the diff? I e also seen many issues with the. Wj swap, or the tie not clearing the diff? So curious here, maybe the Jk ends could be kept?

Yes I want to keep tres, no heims! Staying UTK I think..I'm only at 3.5" of lift.

Unread 06-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike934
I've read these have the same taper as the stock wj stuff correct? Wj stuff also matches xj stuff.

But from my understanding, the Jk ends were bent different to clear the diff? I e also seen many issues with the. Wj swap, or the tie not clearing the diff? So curious here, maybe the Jk ends could be kept?

Yes I want to keep tres, no heims! Staying UTK I think..I'm only at 3.5" of lift.
The wj tie rods are bent to clear the diff. The only place mine hit are at full lock on the passenger side sway bar mount.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Mike934

What diff cover? Ad your using UTK wj ends? Or otk?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.