wiper/indicator lever Installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > wiper/indicator lever Installation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Gelertazreal

wiper/indicator lever Installation

Last night the lever on my 1991 XJ broke off., the wires are still connected so if i hold it in place I can indicate, by holidng it, but the wipers are toast.

Looks like I need to fix this over the long weekend.

SO my local pick'n'pull as 9 XJ's but none of the same year as mine. so the questions are:

1) Are the levers the same in all the XJ's regardless of year, and if not the same in looks, are they same in the sence that any of them will fit in mine?

2) What tools are needed to remove this item from the jeeps at pick'n'pull and obviously these will be the same ones for me to install it in mine.

3) Is this a job anyone, even a novice like myself can do, or is it rather complicated and indepth?

4) anyone have a written guide on doing this, or car to write a quick how to guide for me to follow?

Thanks,

Richard

Gelertazreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

'97 and up XJ's are different than your '91. You'll know it when you see one.
Check here for possibly helpful info. Servicing the turn signal high/low beam switch

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Congratulations Spokes as our August COTM!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.