Wiper Delay Module - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Wiper Delay Module

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
johnny3jeeps

Wiper Delay Module

Does anyone know where the Wiper Delay Module is located on a 96 Country? Wipers work fine if they're on low or high, but as soon as I turn them off they hang up. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by John Andonian; 02-13-2005 at 03:56 PM..
johnny3jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
Tejas Raz

Yes, well at least on a 95 Sport.

Look down to the under-dash panel (above your legs).

It is velcroed onto the back side about between the light switch and the steering column.

L/S <----------|----------> S/C
WDM

It is about 2"w, 3"l, by 1" thick if it's like the one in my hand that I think is bad. AutoZone doesn't carry it, so I'll check the Jeep dealer tomorrow.

My Cherokee's wiper/washer action is totally intermittant. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Haven't figured it out yet. And I need a skinny #20 torx screwdriver which I don't have to take off the steering column plastic to get to the "multi-function switch" to read out the wires there too. My big problem is that the inspection is past due now and wipers are a required item... dangit!
Unread 02-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
johnny3jeeps

Delay Module

Thanks for the response. To get at two of those 3 screws on the steering col. will require a thin shafted #20 torx screwdriver at least 6 in. long. Shouldn't be too exspensive, a couple of bucks. I just had my IP out to change light bulbs and I found that out the hard way. Also, when you get ready to pop the IP loosen the screws that hold in the light switch and the cig lighter. Good luck
J.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.