Wiper Delay Module - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-13-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
johnny3jeeps

Wiper Delay Module

Does anyone know where the Wiper Delay Module is located on a 96 Country? Wipers work fine if they're on low or high, but as soon as I turn them off they hang up. Thanks for the help.

93, 96, 01 XJ's

Last edited by John Andonian; 02-13-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Tejas Raz

Yes, well at least on a 95 Sport.

Look down to the under-dash panel (above your legs).

It is velcroed onto the back side about between the light switch and the steering column.

L/S <----------|----------> S/C
WDM

It is about 2"w, 3"l, by 1" thick if it's like the one in my hand that I think is bad. AutoZone doesn't carry it, so I'll check the Jeep dealer tomorrow.

My Cherokee's wiper/washer action is totally intermittant. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Haven't figured it out yet. And I need a skinny #20 torx screwdriver which I don't have to take off the steering column plastic to get to the "multi-function switch" to read out the wires there too. My big problem is that the inspection is past due now and wipers are a required item... dangit!

95 Cherokee 4dr 2 WD 4.0-Six Auto
post #3 of 3 Old 02-13-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
johnny3jeeps

Delay Module

Thanks for the response. To get at two of those 3 screws on the steering col. will require a thin shafted #20 torx screwdriver at least 6 in. long. Shouldn't be too exspensive, a couple of bucks. I just had my IP out to change light bulbs and I found that out the hard way. Also, when you get ready to pop the IP loosen the screws that hold in the light switch and the cig lighter. Good luck
J.

93, 96, 01 XJ's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.