Windshield Wipers run on 'low' in delay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Windshield Wipers run on 'low' in delay

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 01-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
jrooneo

Windshield Wipers run on 'low' in delay

Hi, I have a 95 cherokee and she has been having some electrical problems lately. Recently the wiperblades will run on any delay setting as if it were the 'low' non-delay setting. At first it would run for 10 swipes on 'low' before going to the correct delay setting. Now they just stay non-delay. Any suggestions? Aside from speed setting they operate fine.

jrooneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My '99 does that and I was told that the delay switch is in the wiper motor itself, so you either have to put a new motor in or live with it....I chose the latter.
Unread 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Callelle
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Replace the motor, it's what happened to mine.
Callelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
KF4SQB
1994 XJ Cherokee 

The '99 may be different, but the older XJ's delay control isn't in the wiper motor. Its in a small box that mounts with velcro to the front of the lower dash trim panel on the driver's side. Its a small box, app. 1 1/2 X 2 X 3 (working from memory here), with a wiring harness plugged in on each end of it. I'll practically guarantee that this small box is your problem, as it houses all the electronics for the intermittent function.

Confidence: The feeling you get just before you fully understand the situation!
KF4SQB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical , wipers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.