Will 1999 Jeep Cherokee SE seats fit my 91 Cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Will 1999 Jeep Cherokee SE seats fit my 91 Cherokee?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
Igofaster13

Will 1999 Jeep Cherokee SE seats fit my 91 Cherokee?

I have a chance to pick up a full set of seats from a 1999 Jeep Cherokee SE. Will they fit in the original bolt pattern in the front, How about the back? I can modify if possible. I have a 1991 cherokee - Thanks

Igofaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
Igofaster13

Anybody know??????? I need to know by tomorrow..............
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #3
Chris_Walker
1988 XJ Cherokee 

No, they changed the bracket and floor pan design somewhere around 1995. Anything can be modified to fit though.. with some work.
Chris_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
Igofaster13

Can I change the seat brackets on the 99 seats to the ones that are on my 91 seats?
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Igofaster13

Anybody know if I can switch out the seat brackets on the new seats to my old ones?
Unread 01-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Igofaster13

BUMP - Need to know about the brackets.
Unread 01-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
JEEPZZ

They are not interchangeable. The pre95 seat brackets WILL NOT bolt up to 95+ seats AND the 95+ seat brackets WILL NOT bolt on to the pre95 floorboard.
So the answer to your questions is NO & NO.

However you CAN fabricate just about anything to make it work, so the real question is: CAN YOU MAKE IT WORK??? It's been done before:

Seats from a 97 in an early (88) XJ.
Unread 01-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
Igofaster13

Thanks, I might just buy the seats for $30 for the front and back. Will the back seats fit? How much fab work is it to install the 99 front seats? And do the 99 seat tilt back?, My 91 seats do not and it bugs me
Unread 01-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
JEEPZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igofaster13
Will the back seats fit?
I'm not sure if the back seat attachment points are identical but they do look the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igofaster13
And do the 99 seat tilt back?, My 91 seats do not and it bugs me
The base doesn't tilt but the back does recline. Only the power seat bases on the 97+ XJs tilt.
btw, tilting manual seat bases were available for the early XJ's. They were commonly known as 'rocking' or 'rocker' bases. They are pretty rare and bring a premium when available.

Unread 01-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #10
nudosimmons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

sweet i have those. i didnt know they were rare.
herculinded interior
custom bumper
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/update-my-xj-362812/
nudosimmons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #11
Igofaster13

Here are some pics, I can now fit better in my jeep! My knees are not hitting and more important - I can now lean my seat back, my 91 seats were stationary. I am going to reinforce them from underneth with soild steel plates. I am also going to get some good seat covers to match my interior, But I am not worried about the color difference, Its a beater.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3/DSCN1493.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3/DSCN1488.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3/DSCN1484.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...3/DSCN1490.jpg
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #12
Igofaster13

The driver front seat bolted down on all 4 bolt holes. I cut a little peice off the 2 front brackets so it would bend easyer. I then Bent them straight so they would lay flat to the floorboard. Then I put it into my jeep to see the mounting points, I got the right hand side front bracket to line up with the original seat stud, Then marked the 3 other holes to be drilled. Looked under at my drill points and they cleared everything, so I drilled them out. Got some galvenized bolts, washers, & nuts from Home depot, And bolted them down. It is pretty much perfect, A little low in the front but not bad at all, I can adjust that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.