whos done a rear coil over conversion on their XJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > whos done a rear coil over conversion on their XJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
laurxj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

whos done a rear coil over conversion on their XJ?

just trying to get a feel for a few different options.

the jeep did really well at rausch creek this weekend. looking to change just a few things. i'm putting my skids on tonight and starting to build the front and rear bumpers soon. I've decided to go with the T&T y-link arms upgrade and bring the lift height to about about 5.5''-6'' for now, either run a D44 or put the free 8.25 i acquired in the rear & re-gear, also run at least a locker in the rear. just a little curious about the coil over conversion, i haven't seen any XJ in person with it. Anyone on here have it? I'm not considering getting it per say, I was just curious.

1974 Camaro worked 350, TH350 finished Summer 08...new obsession
2003 TJ 5spd...the new DD

Last edited by laurxj; 10-24-2007 at 10:05 AM..
laurxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #2
Matt1994XJ

i was looking into a 4 link and rear coil over for a while and found this jeep. http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/reader-rigs/BadgersXJ

this jeep belongs to a forum member

after my research i decided it was probably better to start with a different vehicle or go with a purpose built tube frame. once you start getting into that much modification the unibody needs to be cut and reinforced. i am going to build a tube frame buggy after college..maybe throw some xj stuff on it in places.

there is also a kit out there but i have heard bad things about it. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ look in the cherokee suspension systems..there is a coilover
conversion in there.

edit: they have just the rear conversion in the build components

1994 Cherokee 2-Door 4.0L HO w/ 5 speed
SOLD :( Miss it everyday
Matt1994XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
laurxj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1994XJ
i was looking into a 4 link and rear coil over for a while and found this jeep. http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/reader-rigs/BadgersXJ

this jeep belongs to a forum member

after my research i decided it was probably better to start with a different vehicle or go with a purpose built tube frame. once you start getting into that much modification the unibody needs to be cut and reinforced. i am going to build a tube frame buggy after college..maybe throw some xj stuff on it in places.

there is also a kit out there but i have heard bad things about it. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ look in the cherokee suspension systems..there is a coilover
conversion in there.

edit: they have just the rear conversion in the build components
yea i was just curious about it in general. rock krawler is the name ive heard most when the topic comes up. my friend got their longs arms and wasn't a huge fan of them. i wouldn't know though, haven't tried their products.
1974 Camaro worked 350, TH350 finished Summer 08...new obsession
2003 TJ 5spd...the new DD
laurxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
RussoGuitar
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurxj
yea i was just curious about it in general. rock krawler is the name ive heard most when the topic comes up. my friend got their longs arms and wasn't a huge fan of them. i wouldn't know though, haven't tried their products.
Talk to matt6669 on this board or on tristate 4x4. He ran the RK coil over conversion in the rear, and the RK 3 link in the front with coil overs. I really like RK stuff, people seem to either love em or hate em. Ive never had personal experience with the rear coi over conversion, but i run the RK short arms, and wheel with people who run their LA 3 link and im always impressed with the performance of that kit. I personaly would prefer their 3 link over a radius or y link setup. Plus its a lot cheaper. The tnt kit does have a sweet belly pan though.
RussoGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussoGuitar
I really like RK stuff, people seem to either love em or hate em. Ive never had personal experience with the rear coi over conversion, but i run the RK short arms, and wheel with people who run their LA 3 link and im always impressed with the performance of that kit. I personaly would prefer their 3 link over a radius or y link setup. Plus its a lot cheaper.
A lot of the bad rap with RK came from their Gen. 1 stuff and the old owners of the company.

RK now has new owners, and have re-designed the majority of their products. It's a lot better now and people who use them love them so it seems.
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.