whos done a rear coil over conversion on their XJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > whos done a rear coil over conversion on their XJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Reply
Unread 10-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
laurxj
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bergen County, North Jersey
Posts: 255
whos done a rear coil over conversion on their XJ?

just trying to get a feel for a few different options.

the jeep did really well at rausch creek this weekend. looking to change just a few things. i'm putting my skids on tonight and starting to build the front and rear bumpers soon. I've decided to go with the T&T y-link arms upgrade and bring the lift height to about about 5.5''-6'' for now, either run a D44 or put the free 8.25 i acquired in the rear & re-gear, also run at least a locker in the rear. just a little curious about the coil over conversion, i haven't seen any XJ in person with it. Anyone on here have it? I'm not considering getting it per say, I was just curious.

__________________
1991 XJ 4.5'' RE Super-Flex 31'' M/Ts on Cragar soft 8s..tons of other mods
1979 Pontiac Trans Am
1979 Monte Carlo
1974 Camaro worked 350, TH350 finished Summer 08...new obsession
2003 TJ 5spd...the new DD

Last edited by laurxj; 10-24-2007 at 10:05 AM..
laurxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #2
Matt1994XJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan Tech
Posts: 833
i was looking into a 4 link and rear coil over for a while and found this jeep. http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/reader-rigs/BadgersXJ

this jeep belongs to a forum member


after my research i decided it was probably better to start with a different vehicle or go with a purpose built tube frame. once you start getting into that much modification the unibody needs to be cut and reinforced. i am going to build a tube frame buggy after college..maybe throw some xj stuff on it in places.

there is also a kit out there but i have heard bad things about it. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ look in the cherokee suspension systems..there is a coilover
conversion in there.

edit: they have just the rear conversion in the build components
__________________
2005 WK 5.7L QDII 245/75-17 on stock

1994 Cherokee 2-Door 4.0L HO w/ 5 speed
SOLD :( Miss it everyday
Matt1994XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
laurxj
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bergen County, North Jersey
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1994XJ
i was looking into a 4 link and rear coil over for a while and found this jeep. http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/reader-rigs/BadgersXJ

this jeep belongs to a forum member


after my research i decided it was probably better to start with a different vehicle or go with a purpose built tube frame. once you start getting into that much modification the unibody needs to be cut and reinforced. i am going to build a tube frame buggy after college..maybe throw some xj stuff on it in places.

there is also a kit out there but i have heard bad things about it. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ look in the cherokee suspension systems..there is a coilover
conversion in there.

edit: they have just the rear conversion in the build components
yea i was just curious about it in general. rock krawler is the name ive heard most when the topic comes up. my friend got their longs arms and wasn't a huge fan of them. i wouldn't know though, haven't tried their products.
__________________
1991 XJ 4.5'' RE Super-Flex 31'' M/Ts on Cragar soft 8s..tons of other mods
1979 Pontiac Trans Am
1979 Monte Carlo
1974 Camaro worked 350, TH350 finished Summer 08...new obsession
2003 TJ 5spd...the new DD
laurxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
RussoGuitar
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: West Milford, NJ
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurxj
yea i was just curious about it in general. rock krawler is the name ive heard most when the topic comes up. my friend got their longs arms and wasn't a huge fan of them. i wouldn't know though, haven't tried their products.
Talk to matt6669 on this board or on tristate 4x4. He ran the RK coil over conversion in the rear, and the RK 3 link in the front with coil overs. I really like RK stuff, people seem to either love em or hate em. Ive never had personal experience with the rear coi over conversion, but i run the RK short arms, and wheel with people who run their LA 3 link and im always impressed with the performance of that kit. I personaly would prefer their 3 link over a radius or y link setup. Plus its a lot cheaper. The tnt kit does have a sweet belly pan though.
RussoGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussoGuitar
I really like RK stuff, people seem to either love em or hate em. Ive never had personal experience with the rear coi over conversion, but i run the RK short arms, and wheel with people who run their LA 3 link and im always impressed with the performance of that kit. I personaly would prefer their 3 link over a radius or y link setup. Plus its a lot cheaper.
A lot of the bad rap with RK came from their Gen. 1 stuff and the old owners of the company.

RK now has new owners, and have re-designed the majority of their products. It's a lot better now and people who use them love them so it seems.
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.