Who has the RE 4.5 on their daily driver? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Jeepsterboy101
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yes, you will be happy with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(under construction)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

90% road, .1% off-road, 9.9% in garage fixing stuff I broke. Very happy with my 31" MT's on it. I do kinda wish I went with a long arm. Oh well.

98 TJ 4.0 Stick 30 Lock-Right/44 True-Track,4.56. Fire RED. Optima Red top. 3" Full Traction lift, Cragar 352 Street locks w/3.75 BS. 32" BFG AT's. Sailcloth top.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tubular fenders. AtoZ Fab rockers and front and rear bumpers. TBT sportsbar and rear spreader. VDP 6 speaker bar. 2K Intake Manifold. Tuffy Speaker lock boxes. Power inverter. Cobra CB. Magellan GPS. Bed lined tub. 3core HD radiator. Olds airbox with Hummer snokle. Besttop seat covers with heaters. All running lights LED.Steering and oil pan skids. Mile Marker PE8000 winch. Currie Anti-Rock. Olympic trunk. Tuffy Console....and Buddha on the winch. :) And a child seat stained with mud.
Hermiston, ORL

, because I don't have a clue, but Stu does!
post #18 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred85
thanks for the replies, i suppose 20% offroad was quite an overstatement but anyway, i'm sure most of you understood what i was getting at.
vindicated!

Thats funny Kairo, I didn't see that until just now.

I was just using that as an example anyways guys, the real meaning of my post was how a lifted rig is as a daily driver. Last Monday I was installing the Currie HD steering on my XJ and I was pissed when I noticed how the front axle is rusting... damn road salt! Thats after I stripped, primered, and painted the axle not even a year ago. It wouldn't be like that if I didn't drive it to work every day in the winter. Its funny because I don't mind rock rash, but rust and other non-wheeling blemishes I just can't stand to look at!

Eric
2000 XJ "PROJECT RUBICON" 3-link front / 4-link rear / coilovers / running 37's on Dana 60s
My website -

post #19 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 08:20 AM
jcr23

little late, but i DD my 4.5" kit. i love it

2000 XJ, mildly modded
post #20 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 08:31 AM
mbood82

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm around 4 inches front, 4.5 or so in the rear with 33s and it does great for daily driving. It was my only vehicle until recently, and then I crashed the SOB so I'm kinda lucky I had a backup car. I just drove the Jeep again for the first time in a month and while it definitally doesn't drive like an 89 Honda Accord, it still drove just fine around town. The only time I had any complaints was when I got on Rt. 15 going up to the sticks and I got some expansion joints at just the right frequency to really get her rockin. So if my mangled Jeep can ride that well witih 33s and 4 inches of lift, I'd imagine yours should be fine, too.

'99 Jeep Cherokee - RE 3.5" SuperFlex with 32s
'06 Dodge Magnum R/T
'03 Toyota MR2 Spyder
post #21 of 21 Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 AM
tekeum
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you are wondering if it is possible to run a 4.5 lift with 32's every day. Well I run a RE 5.5 with a 2" BB on 35's. I drive 90 miles a day round trip to work with no problems. I just have to drive a little slower than before. I used to drive lowriders before this and they road much worse. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Teke

2003 Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.