Where should I wire this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Where should I wire this?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
countreepimp
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Where should I wire this?

Ok so I've been reading a lot of posts trying to figure out why my dash lights and taillights stopped working. I've replaced the headlight switch and every fuse in the fuse panel...still nothing. I've checked the trailer plug and it looks great. So I've come to the conclusion that it is a short in the wiring. I start to tackle that and have become overwhelmed in the tangled spaghetti that makes up the wiring on this jeep.

I think I will just go ahead and wire a toggle switch to activate the taillights and the dash lights. Any suggestions on where the best place to splice into the 12v system? I figured there was enough people out here that have wired up additional lights on their jeep that I may come across some easy splice points. Should I just go straight back from the battery with an in-line fuse?

Any help would be appreciated greatly...

countreepimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash lights , fuse , headlight , taillights , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.