Where to find vacuum system diagram? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Where to find vacuum system diagram?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
afdude
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Where to find vacuum system diagram?

I am at a loss I have searched for diagrams for the vacuum lines under my hood and the one I found is vague and not really helpful. Does anyone know where I can get some decent diagrams?

afdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Well, if it was a 1985, I have a diagram kit from Little Jess Jeep in Quincy, Ill. They were nice enough to photocopy what they had for my model year. (They are like the only licensed dealership for Jeep within 100 miles of me.)

Your best bet is to get to a Jeep dealership and ask them to photocopy the vac line diagrams they have for your model year.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #3
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Might be a long shot but if you post a link to a picture of it, maybe someone can look under their hood and tell you where it should go.

Edit: After another read I realize you weren't asking a question about a specific line.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

I've seen one somewhere. Can't think of it now.....................
cruiser54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

If your year is anything like this (My 88 and my 90 are just like this) it should help.

Rear CCV to intake manifold (one line), MAP to throttle body (one line), fuel pressure regulator to manifold (one line). Front vac harness: Large line from valve cover to air box, large line in intake tube to fuel cannister. Two small lines to manifold fitting, one to EGR solenoid then out of solenoid to EGR. One out of rear of airbox to front vac motor of airbox.

With an after market intake (K/N etc.) you only need the EGR route and the front valve cover to intake lines. The others can be eliminated or plugged at the harness connection. The other (larger fitting) towards the rear of the manifold behind the TB for th brake booster. Hope this helps you.

Last edited by Paradise XJ; 07-18-2010 at 10:19 AM..
Paradise XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
oderalxjlaredo
2000 XJ Cherokee 

There are a few diagrams similar to the one above floating around the internet, including a handful of helpful things at this one French site. I don't want to post links for fear of the banhammer, though. PM me and I can point you in the right direction.
Unread 07-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
afdude
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That seems to be the only diagram i can find, im looking 4 where the vacuum lines for the hvac hook up and if there are any vacuum lines on my tranny and where they go..in the above diagram there is a vacuum fitting that doesnt have anything hooked up to it does anyone have anything hooked up to it or is it just plugged?
afdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

That vacuum fitting is possibly the source port on the intake. From it a hose runs across the firewall, forward on the front inner fender, behind the bumper, to the vacuum reservoir. Returning from the vac res is a line that runs to cruise control and through the firewall on the passenger side to your HVAC stuff. Coming back out of the firewall at the same location is a purple plastic vac hose with a 90* rubber elbow which attaches to your heater control valve.
cruiser54 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram , jeep xj , vaccuum lines , vacuum lines , vacuum system

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.