Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Whatcha think?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  EricsXJ 
#1 ·

The main point for the reason why I made this pic was to see how black AR's looked on my cherokee. I blurred it so that it blended alittle better but it still turned out bad...

What do you think? I wasn't sure how well black rock crawlers were gonna look but I really dislike chrome and white is outa the question. I think i'm just gonna grin and bear it... The more I think about it though, the more I'm starting to like the idea.

See less See more
#3 ·
Personally, I think black steelies look good regardless of the Jeeps color. You could always just paint them any color you want to help them blend better.

It's your ride man...do whatcha want with it. I think it looks good. :thumbsup:

Rock On!

Steve

#6 ·
i dupli-colored my stock wheels flat black :D about two weeks ago and i think they look awsome :thumbsup: i hated the way my stock wheels looked cause they were that crappy shiny enamal or whatever and were starting to rust. so if you want some black wheels just sand down your stock wheels and for about $8 you have new black wheels :D
I also agree with thephantom that no matter what color your car black wheels always look good

Oh and my favorite slogan whether jeep or not is
:thumbsup: CHROME DON'T GET YOU HOME :thumbsup:
i have that slogan on my strached and dented black rear bumper :laugh: cut out in chrome vinyl just for a little irony

#7 ·
Yea i think i'ma get em. I really dislike chrome and I really like the $40 wagon wheels... That was my original plan (getting the black rock crawlers) but I always second guess things before I buy em to make sure it's the best decision. Thanks for the input.

Oh and lifted pics are coming tomorrow! Sorry i haven't had the camera with me for the longest time. I wish I had it with me at Hollister last sunday. The times you don't bring the camera are the times you really wish you had.

Oh and i'm thinking of buying the wheels now (before the large lift). Is there any problem with this? I'll run em with my stock tires, but if that doesn't work out for whatever reason i'll fork over some more dough for new tires. The size I want is 15 x 8 with 4.5" BS.

#8 ·
I know it sounds nit picky, but I would probably go with 4" BS, just because when you move onto larger and larger tires they are going to creep farther and farther into that well.

#9 ·
If you think the black aren't enough, you can get the black rockcrawlers with the simulated beadlock. They look rugged and off-road ready. It also helps break up the black rim with black tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.