What is wrong?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > What is wrong??

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 09-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Cro577
1998 ZJ 

What is wrong??

Okay, so I have a 1991 Limited it runs flawlessly, until you look at the speedo, its the only gauge that doesnt work.. But it isnt just a not working deal, sometimes it works, othertimes it doesnt work.. What is wrong with it? is there a way to fix it or do I need to get another cluster?
Also, the Right-rear turn signal has stopped working, the bulb is still good and when I go and hit the turn signal to turn right, the blinker light, just stays on... Is there a way to fix that also? Thanks in advance!
-Cro

Cro577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
XJcruiser
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If the rest of the gauges work, your cluster is fine. Check the electrical connection at the transfer case. It may be a loose connection or a short.
XJcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

The blinker socket ground is probably corroded or clogged with crap...that's inside the socket. Check to see if there is hardened "grease" in there. Clean it out gently. If it breaks you'll have to replace it.

Don't know if your speedo is electric or cable run. If electric, the sensor is likely going out, it's on the transfer case. If cable driven check the length of the cable for nicks and/or corrosion and how it connects to the cluster. My cable is a little bent so it wiggles under 45 mph.
Unread 09-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Cro577
1998 ZJ 

Okay so, I didnt know that my dad checked the blinker, but he said that he checked the blinker wire with his meter thingy (forgot what its called) and it has no power... So where would the wire most likely short...
Cro577 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speedo , tach , tachometer , turn signal , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.