What size speakers do my 2000 cherokee have? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > What size speakers do my 2000 cherokee have?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-16-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
McDunna

What size speakers do my 2000 cherokee have?

Is it 5.25 all around?

McDunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
86cherokeexj799

yea it should be 5.25 all around.
dave
Rigid FbW2 winch bumper
Powertrax Rear
4.56's
86cherokeexj799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
McDunna

thanks
McDunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 01:54 AM   #4
Roll Tide

Here is the info from crutchfield
But yes it is 5.25 all around. And it seems you could go a little bigger in the rear.
Roll Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 04:42 AM   #5
01xjrock

yeah... I have an 01... with the speakers up along the roof in the back... you can definitely put 6.5's up there. The 6.5's I have stuffed up there are some of the biggest 6.5's that you could possibly buy, and although not easy, they did get stuffed in there (most of the problem was weight, not size). I had to return the matching pair of 5.25's for the front because they were way too big to fit into the front. With that said, you need a small(er) sized 5.25 for the front and virtually any size 6.5 for the rear. I bought my speakers from 6th Ave. and they had 5.25's all around in the computer too for some reason. I think it was a mistake that older cherokees had 5.25's.
JVC SH707, stinger rca's and monster cables, JL slash series amps, JL TR interiors, Kicker L7 sub. Wet Okole seat covers, Class III hitch, Flowmaster Delta 40 series and K&N style intake, tow hooks, 2 inch BB, cross drilled rotors, 30" BFG AT/KO, some cheap pep boys driving beams. Next on the list: OME 2" spring lift, real K&N FIPK, locker? (I wish)
01xjrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 11:19 AM   #6
86cherokeexj799

be careful drilling and screwing into the rear hatch though, its fiberglass and screws pull throuh like crazy. i don't know how you mounted your 6.5s because they didn't have that on my xj. use some sort of plasic fastener to get them to hold.
dave
Rigid FbW2 winch bumper
Powertrax Rear
4.56's
86cherokeexj799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
01xjrock

yeah... on the ceiling mounts there is basically a plastic mold. Small speakers could probably be just drilled in and it would hold. Mind were so heavy that I actually used two bolts on each and then, like you said, screws that went into fasteners. Then I couldn't put the stock speaker grills on afterwards, and had to use the aftermarket ones. This is not typical of most 6.5 inch speakers though. Previosly I had Boston Acoustic 6.5's and they fit up easily. JL TR series 6.5 would have sit up there nicely too, but I have these big, heavy Alpines... they are the top coaxials that Alpine makes and they are massive.

I highly recommend the JL TR series... they are actually the cheapest JL's made, but they have won sound competitions when it comes to actual clarity... they are also easily mounted as their magnets are not too big.
JVC SH707, stinger rca's and monster cables, JL slash series amps, JL TR interiors, Kicker L7 sub. Wet Okole seat covers, Class III hitch, Flowmaster Delta 40 series and K&N style intake, tow hooks, 2 inch BB, cross drilled rotors, 30" BFG AT/KO, some cheap pep boys driving beams. Next on the list: OME 2" spring lift, real K&N FIPK, locker? (I wish)
01xjrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
oopswithanxj

cherokee speakers

i have a 2000 cherokee and my ft doors are 5 1/4 and the rear speakers are 6 1/2
oopswithanxj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.