What kind of gear oil do i use in my ax-15 transmission? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > What kind of gear oil do i use in my ax-15 transmission?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
beekeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ax-15 trans oil

I personally use MT-90 in my 1999 cherokee Ax-15 trans. No issues and nice shifting all gears after 30 second warm up. Syncros will appreciate it also since they are brass. (hint)

Don't bulk about the price. If you own a ferrari you pay ferrari prices.

beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post
I personally use MT-90 in my 1999 cherokee Ax-15 trans. No issues and nice shifting all gears after 30 second warm up. Syncros will appreciate it also since they are brass. (hint)

Don't bulk about the price. If you own a ferrari you pay ferrari prices.
It's not an issue of paying for good fluid, I have an issue with the price of RP products when there UOA's and VOA's don't look any better than fluids half the price.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #18
outhere99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My '99 Sport with 138k miles on it now has synthetic 10w-30. I wouldn't be surprised if what was drained was original! It shifts much smoother, and is quieter now. Everything else has what's listed above.
outhere99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5spd , ax-15 manual , cherokee , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.