what the??? anyone know what this is?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > what the??? anyone know what this is??

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
acousticrawk

what the??? anyone know what this is??

this is what the my np231 output shaft looks like... never see thos stile slip joint on one of these before:

img_1135.jpg  
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like you are missing your boot....
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yep, looks just like all the other '97+ NP-231s, just missing the rubber boot that normally covers the slip yoke.

The boot you are missing:

donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
MJR

That's a 96-up style t-case, looks like the wrong slip yoke (if it's smooth on the outside vs. a rough texture) and the shaft is too short plus what others said your missing the boot and looks like the grease also.
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
acousticrawk

awesome! thanks! anyyone know where i can find a boot? i feel dumb because ive seen a dozen of these tcases, just none together without the boot! thanks again guys!

ive only owned this jeep for about a week. lift blocks suuuuck!
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
donthelegend
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Junkyard would be cheapest if there are any near you. Or check for part outs, here and on craigslist.

Anyone who has installed an SYE should have a spare if they haven't thrown it out.

Hmm... I installed an SYE a few months ago, if I can find mine you could have it for the cost of shipping. I'll check after dinner.
donthelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
Reptile
Web Wheeler
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrawk View Post
anyyone know where i can find a boot?
Shoe store.
Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.